Oh SFO tower

Oh the winters were wicked, but nice and comfy inside a bar on Water Street!

Every city needs street brats.

Even MAD was fun.

I'll never layover there again, but when I'd have a 30h in MAD, I'd get loaded up on State, end up at State Street Brats and get a red and a white. Mmmm!
MSN > MKE and I have no problem defending my take

I'm weird but I love Milwaukee. Wisconsin is a vastly underrated state! I even married a Sconie but I can't drag her back for a long weekend, but she certainly expects literally all the squeaky cheesecurds available for sal
What i miss is going to the Mars Cheese Castle and getting a apple kringle , ill tell you those cheese heads know how to eat

Does this sound like the same controller? It kinda does. And telling someone 2 aircraft went around for "unknown reasons" is clearly a coverup for what I assume is her ego.

Yikes

It seems Southwest did exactly what they were supposed to. Not sure at what speed they're moving in real time. But she should have been able to figure out both are going around due to SWA.

The SW pilot is correct, their clearance was stepped on. But the "28R cleared for takeoff" should illicit a "you were blocked, say again for 28R?" by the SWA crew.

Yes? No?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4cewwhcL5c

Last edited:
Does this sound like the same controller? It kinda does. And telling someone 2 aircraft went around for "unknown reasons" is clearly a coverup for what I assume is her ego.

Yikes

It seems Southwest did exactly what they were supposed to. Not sure at what speed they're moving in real time. But she should have been able to figure out both are going around due to SWA.

The SW pilot is correct, their clearance was stepped on. But the "28R cleared for takeoff" should illicit a "you were blocked, say again for 28R?" by the SWA crew.

Yes? No?

Honestly, if JFK can deal with only operating on the 22s with a single departure runway SFO should be able to do that with the 28s. I know for a fact SFO figured it out for the 19s...

Yikes

Yes? No?

"For unknown reasons"? Is she high?

Yikes

Yes? No?

"So you shouldn't be on the runway" naaaaah girl, you told his ahhhhh to line up on tho on the strip of pavement tho.

She's a really cool person but often gets heated with pilots when she gets stressed out. There is a clip from a few years ago that got pretty popular of her saying "get off the runway 3 times to an AA 767 (which was doing the best they could) and as they clear they sarcastically read back, "We're getting off the runway, getting off the runway, we're off the runway, ground .8". She can also be very cool and joke around when she isn't stressed out, but yeah, heard a lot of facepalm stuff over the years monitoring ground and tower lol. She cleared me for a midfield transition once in a Cessna and then asked why I was East of 101, since I knew how she was I was just like "correcting" and crossed back over instead of reminding her about my clearance, for the reasons demonstrated in this video. She's cool enough to not report a deviation with no loss of separation, but def will bite your head off for complying with an instruction of hers that backfires. Her calling out WN then replying to his "Uh, but you said..." with "I don't need an argument on frequency" is a pretty good summary of her controlling haha. She's still cool tho, some people just aren't the best at their jobs when it gets stressful. Only so much I can say about Pro-Ahoy\Sharkweek controllers when they mess up LOL!

"For unknown reasons"? Is she high?
Nah, she's just always right, like the abusive partners I've had.

Last edited:
The problem here, of course, is that in her particular vocation, competent > cool.
Agreed, but too much nautical nonsense with her over the years to not overlook it on my end. To be fair, this clip is the worst I've ever seen her mess up as someone who watched her work all day many times lol. Typical that she'd get pissy about it tho. AX was the only SFO controller that was just a POS IMO, glad he's gone.

Busy 11PM bank then a reposition calls to go upstream from my ramp to T2 in broken English. AX: "Oh, you're one of THOSE. Great. Do you have anyone else on board who speaks better English?" "Uh, negative sir". (landline rings) "I'M NOT TAKING THIS MEXICAN ALASKA GUY UNTIL MY DEPARTURE BANK IS DONE JUST LETTING YOU KNOW *CLICK*. Meanwhile a jetBlue holds 20 mins for a departure to LGB because ground won't take the AS tug ahead of him and at least bring them up 1 intersection towards T2, so at the 20 min mark when I finally have no inbounds in the traffic jam that'll need the other line, I send jetBlue around to the other spot. Phone rings. AX: "WHY DID YOU BLOCK BOTH LINES, I HAD A PLAN HERE! DO YOUR JOB *CLICK*.

Another time a SkyWest RJ went right towards T3 instead of left towards T1 clearing the 28s when there was the T1 SkyWest ops, and a LH 744 had to slam on the brakes. There was still room for the RJ to make a U-turn at Kilo, but AX still had to say "You must just be the best pilots in the world, nice job".

I'll take the video above over another one of his shifts LOL.

Last edited:
She sounds very controlling, and I don’t mean in the ATC sense. Probably a real peach of a gal to date.
Probably a peach to work with also :rolleyes:. Folks like her are why ASAP’s and event reports (whatever your company calls them) are nice. No arguments or anything, just a few mins of typing at the end of the day and send.

Back