Oh Alaska(n)

Their MEC published their latest ask to the company for contract negotiations, and the rates (and everything else) were way up there.

Their MEC published their latest ask to the company for contract negotiations, and the rates (and everything else) were way up there.

689F1C9E-A806-46D2-8198-D7371F106E34.gif

If they can actually get it all, it would be great. If they can't, it makes an eventual ratification vote very difficult.
I think spirit did this in section 6 a few years ago. They didn’t get everything, but hit on parts, missed on others, and it passed 70-30 or thereabouts.

They didn’t leave in the language about moving a single wide trailer house though. That’s a no for me.

I'm curious of what the ask was...$345 for a NB Ca? Name your first born Keith? only buy lab grown diamonds?

The company showed their cards first, came out and emailed us (and sent letters to our homes) with their offer. EFFING pathetic, with inflation it was actually a pay cut from 2019 numbers. Not to mention the garbage work rules and lack of meaningful scope. I trust the union and if the negotiating committee thought showing our cards garners support or is of strategic importance, i'm all for it.

Attrition is at an all time high, guys are leaving out of class and we even have captains leaving. The tide has turned because even the SEA guys are pissed. There will be a massive base-wide picket April 1st - two years since negotiations began.

The company showed their cards first, came out and emailed us (and sent letters to our homes) with their offer. EFFING pathetic, with inflation it was actually a pay cut from 2019 numbers. Not to mention the garbage work rules and lack of meaningful scope. I trust the union and if the negotiating committee thought showing our cards garners support or is of strategic importance, i'm all for it.

Attrition is at an all time high, guys are leaving out of class and we even have captains leaving. The tide has turned because even the SEA guys are pissed. There will be a massive base-wide picket April 1st - two years since negotiations began.

It's a bummer though. When the hours were proposed as a 9am-3pm kinda thing, I assumed that if we have a check in say 12noon, that we could stop by and join the line at 10am to 1130ish and then go for the trip.

Turns out, of the 12-3pm, only 2 hrs of that is actual walking! The rest is prep and post activities at a local hotel. Gotta admit, this caught me off guard. I'm working and with this schedule, I can't be there.

2 hours is a LOT of walking. Hopefully they get enough guys showing up to do 20 minute rotations.

You're correct. What I meant was that I thought this may have been a whole-day event where people could come in or out depending on their departures. But looking at the "pre" activities, it sounds like there's legalese they have to go over. Bottom line is this is a full day even that requires attendance starting pretty much at 9am and until at least 1-2pm to walk.

You're correct. What I meant was that I thought this may have been a whole-day event where people could come in or out depending on their departures. But looking at the "pre" activities, it sounds like there's legalese they have to go over. Bottom line is this is a full day even that requires attendance starting pretty much at 9am and until at least 1-2pm to walk.

In the podcast they said if you have time between flights, stop by.

Picketing, even the informational kind, is a pretty emotionally draining thing. There's a whole lot of prep and organization that goes into it. With the gap between management and ALPA's current proposals I'm sure you'll get another chance to walk.

Back