Oh Alaska(n)

And only you are still upset by it. The only bold thing that happening lately is that I boldly tell captains that I’m not in the cattle car business and my ancestors would be really upset with me if I treated people like they were treated. Then I turn the APU on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s pretty poor CRM and would not be well received. “Hey captain, getting a little bit stuffy back there, mind if I turn this on?” .

That’s pretty poor CRM and would not be well received. “Hey captain, getting a little bit stuffy back there, mind if I turn this on?” .

Why is it when I make a sarcastic response to an obnoxious member it’s taken at face value?

How could you even take this seriously? And I’m being serious. CC is an absolute joke. Literally notorious. The more former VX guys I fly with the more it becomes apparent.

Calm down.

Depends...it's been a while since I've been a JSer on AS, but if my memory isn't going to sh/t...it's on the FO's after landing flow to turn it on, preflight it's usually FO...but it's whenever/whoever, when needed.

Depends...it's been a while since I've been a JSer on AS, but if my memory isn't going to sh/t...it's on the FO's after landing flow to turn it on, preflight it's usually FO...but it's whenever/whoever, when needed.
It wasn’t turning on the APU it was how. But let’s get back to our originally scheduled program of “how the Eskimo turns …”

Last edited:
Yeah, you’re the problem. Your name spread around quick after that among CAs. I’m sure your corporate job had CAs who were anti Jewish, just as I’m sure you flew with ANC and SEA CAs who said nah we ain’t gonna deice and took off with ice on wings.

Of course, you bring up your ancestry - yet again.

No wonder you can’t wait to upgrade. As I had originally thought, the problem is you.

The right thing to do was to go speak with the crew. Or email them in private. Nah. Beef Supreme goes on the internal Alaska pilot forum and blasts the crew and personally calls them out by their real names as a way of shaming them. Real mature.

Your CRM sucks. It’s funny if you think I was the only one who noticed. Your name spread among CAs.

I’m trying to help you. Take it down a notch. Or two.
Why is it when I make a sarcastic response to an obnoxious member it’s taken at face value?

How could you even take this seriously? And I’m being serious. CC is an absolute joke. Literally notorious. The more former VX guys I fly with the more it becomes apparent.

Calm down.

[mod hat]

OK guys, we get it. You each believe things about the other that are less than flattering. Maybe it's time to drop the public side of this feud, please?

Don’t let a unions narrative persuade you from your dream job.

I assume you mean dissuade, although I'm enjoying reading the various meanings in what you said when taken verbatim!

I interviewed and was rejected. I'm also generally more inclined to believe union narrative, though obviously it could be argued it's sour grapes.

In my case I do recall sitting in the interview listening to them talk about scheduling, and thinking that it sounded an awful lot like SkyWest.

I assume you mean dissuade, although I'm enjoying reading the various meanings in what you said when taken verbatim!

I interviewed and was rejected. I'm also generally more inclined to believe union narrative, though obviously it could be argued it's sour grapes.

In my case I do recall sitting in the interview listening to them talk about scheduling, and thinking that it sounded an awful lot like SkyWest.

The union narrative has been 100% in line with my personal experience.

The union narrative has been 100% in line with my personal experience.

I don’t work there, but am in a similar situation. It’s not that the arguments the unions are making don’t have merit, they do. But their campaign to secure a new contract is to constantly beat the drum of how terrible things are. You have to realize this and not let it effect your day to day life, it will only make you (more?) miserable. Those that spend the most time reading and consuming union material and perusing (and engaging) union message boards are the most disgruntled. (I exclude those that are actual elected reps).

Last edited:
I don’t work there, but am in a similar situation. It’s not that the arguments the unions are making don’t have merit, they do. But their campaign to secure a new contract is to constantly be the drum of how terrible things are. You have to realize this and not let it effect your day to day life, it will only make you (more?) miserable. Those that spend the most time reading and consuming union material and perusing (and engaging) union message boards are the most disgruntled. (I exclude those that are actual elected reps).

This is so true. It’s literally the same 10-15 people on APC and Alyeska. Beating the drums, angry and pissed, and god forbid if you write that there is something you enjoy at this company, then you face their full wrath.

Sometimes I have to scratch my head and wonder if my union and I work at the same company. There is no doubt that we need scope, scheduling improvements, etc. In that, we are all united.

But they beat this drum over and over again, and when you ask a real pointed question (like if I’m management, why should I give you one inch?! Where’s our leverage?) I get some overly watered answer about attrition and retention. Well, they just said they’ll overhire this year for attrition and cut back flying by 1-3% and take a loss in revenue and profits to deal with lack of pilots here. Does that sound like they are shaking at the knees?

Reality is, as long as we are losing billions every quarter, we ain’t getting jack.

Back