official "waiting for FOL from NYC PEPC" thread

Philip

yes, it's only been a week, yes they said it would be 2-3 wks. But for those waiting, anything? Calls to your refrences or anything at all yet?

I'm waiting also... but I was told that everyone was going to get letters in the mail to fill out, not phone calls. I think the phone calls are a backup if they don't get anything back.

My dad was a Colonel (0-6) in the USMC and has a VERY high security clearance. He told me that they only expect to get back or get in contact with 25% of your former employers, and only 50% of your "verifiers".

I've been talking to just about everyone on my security form, and no one has gotten a letter or phone call. I'm sure that they'll get something this week. It's only been a week since my interview.

I'm still wondering about the chances of getting to the academy sometime SOON, like BEFORE October... anyone think there's any chance?

I'm waiting also... but I was told that everyone was going to get letters in the mail to fill out, not phone calls. I think the phone calls are a backup if they don't get anything back.

My dad was a Colonel (0-6) in the USMC and has a VERY high security clearance. He told me that they only expect to get back or get in contact with 25% of your former employers, and only 50% of your "verifiers".

I've been talking to just about everyone on my security form, and no one has gotten a letter or phone call. I'm sure that they'll get something this week. It's only been a week since my interview.

I'm still wondering about the chances of getting to the academy sometime SOON, like BEFORE October... anyone think there's any chance?
for enroute? I was told zero chance as all the classes were full and they were waiting until new class dates were set to assign more.

IM ALSO PLAYING THE WAITING GAME :panic: ..... IM HAVE A DATE FOR SEPTEMBER 25TH TERMINAL BUT IM TRYING TO THROW MONEY AT PEOPLE TO GET THERE SOONER..( :sarcasm: ) SO ANXIOUS

IM ALSO PLAYING THE WAITING GAME :panic: ..... IM HAVE A DATE FOR SEPTEMBER 25TH TERMINAL BUT IM TRYING TO THROW MONEY AT PEOPLE TO GET THERE SOONER..( :sarcasm: ) SO ANXIOUS

At the NYC PEPC they basically told me I could go to OKC as soon as my paperwork went through.... Surprised that happened to you. You should definitely make a phone call b/c people do cancel or can't make it for whatever reason, you never know. Good luck though.

I have a tentative date on 8/18.

Question: Did any of you guys with tentative dates schedule housing at OKC? If so, where are you planning to stay at? Should I get on the ball and reserve a place?

At the NYC PEPC they basically told me I could go to OKC as soon as my paperwork went through.... Surprised that happened to you. You should definitely make a phone call b/c people do cancel or can't make it for whatever reason, you never know. Good luck though.

The 29th of this month!?

That's like 2 weeks from now :panic:
I can't see how they'll process this paperwork THAT fast.

I am playing the waiting game as well. I have a tentative academy date of 8/26 (crossing my fingers), and I reserved housing at Walnut Gardens, although they told me the earliest they have availability is 8/29. I'll have to stay somewhere else for a few days:panic:

I'm also in wait mode as part of the pioneering future FY09 academy class (October) as the PEPC head honcho lady put it. Since I do not have to go through the background check I'm hoping the coveted FOL will reach my hands soon

I am playing the waiting game as well. I have a tentative academy date of 8/26 (crossing my fingers), and I reserved housing at Walnut Gardens, although they told me the earliest they have availability is 8/29. I'll have to stay somewhere else for a few days:panic:

i made a tentative date for 8/26 as well. how do you know where to stay? i never completely figured out the 'FAA approved housing' situation. did you take it upon yourself to find a place or did they tell you to?

...they told me nothing.

The 29th of this month!?

That's like 2 weeks from now :panic:
I can't see how they'll process this paperwork THAT fast.

They told me that the paperwork should be processed by then so we will see I guess.... Also, you should reserve housing ASAP as it is difficult to get into.

How are dates for OKC assigned? Do they ask you at the PEPC when is the earliest you can head to OKC and they give you a tentative date with your TOL based on their class schedule? Then when you get your FOL (2-3wks later) you are given a solid date for OKC???

How probable is it that your tentative date will be your confirmed date for OKC?

Just curious if I need to be thinking of a date to give them or if it is totally up to them what date you get.

How are dates for OKC assigned? The soonest you are available to go(for terminal anyways). Do they ask you at the PEPC when is the earliest you can head to OKC and they give you a tentative date with your TOL based on their class schedule? Yes. Then when you get your FOL (2-3wks later) you are given a solid date for OKC??? Yes.

How probable is it that your tentative date will be your confirmed date for OKC? Hopefully very probable....

Just curious if I need to be thinking of a date to give them or if it is totally up to them what date you get. Just have it in mind the earliest you would want to go to OKC just in case they give you a quick turnaround like they did me.

I was told that the earliest time for enroute folks was October. I also heard they like to have a couple of people from each center attend the class so you are not alone for your facility in OKC.

I have not heard from my references that they have been contacted by the FAA, however they will be receiving a form in the mail, so give them the heads up.

Good luck to everyone :)

Waiiitinggggg *Plays Jeopardy Theme Song*

I was also given a tentative date of 8/26. I'm really excited, hopefully all of our contacts are in good moods when they receive the phone call.

Back