official "waiting for FOL from NYC PEPC" thread

I'm waiting also... but I was told that everyone was going to get letters in the mail to fill out, not phone calls. I think the phone calls are a backup if they don't get anything back.

My dad was a Colonel (0-6) in the USMC and has a VERY high security clearance. He told me that they only expect to get back or get in contact with 25% of your former employers, and only 50% of your "verifiers".

I've been talking to just about everyone on my security form, and no one has gotten a letter or phone call. I'm sure that they'll get something this week. It's only been a week since my interview.

I'm still wondering about the chances of getting to the academy sometime SOON, like BEFORE October... anyone think there's any chance?

Hey there, I went to the LA PEPC on 6/18 and my references just got their letters for refferal last Friday. 2 work references and 1 personal so far. I hope it's true what you say about only 25% and 50 % because one of my references is currently in Japan and if they decide to contact her it's going to take a few days to FedEx stuff, not to mention expesive for Priority FedEx over the Pond.

Wow! this waiting stuff is hard...but did you guys see the post from the guy about his time at the Academy. It was very encouraging and exciting.

I went to the LA PEPC on 18 Jun and was given a tentative class date of 28 Jul for a TRACON only class. Well... I called my HR guy and he said that all classes are full for the fiscal year and that OKC doesn't have a FY09 class schedule as of yet and it should come down any day now. That was almost two weeks ago. Still no FOL and still waiting. It was all because the group that completes security clearances were at a conference for a week and a whole lot of people's clearances were delayed. This is what I was told; don't know how true it is. So if you are like me, not in need of any basics classes and are assigned terminal or en-route, I bet if you attended a PEPC after the LA one, you might have to wait until October. Thought it was going to be smooth, but like all government run orgs, there are always minor setbacks. I know this thread was for the NY folks, just thought I'd put something out there for you all.

I'm waiting from NY PEPC too... was told October at the earliest. Just curious, anyone else going to Seattle Enroute?

I'm really starting to regret not choosing to go Terminal.... :banghead: Everyone is going to OKC, and us En Route folks are stuck waiting...

At this point, what's another month or two? Hell, it may be enough time that by the time you get there, the pay will be better. I sincerely doubt it though, but someone has to dream

I'm going 9/8 for ORF and will be staying at Walnut Gardens. I believe I reserved the executive suite.

I never said I was going to switch!!!! I just want to get my butt to OKC because I am not working right now, and not many places are hiring these days....

Well at least you should make up for it in the higher pay at your facility compared to the small towers. We're only going to make peanuts at some of these terminals...

I'm cool with working terminal since I like peanuts, they're delicious.

And, the price of peanuts is going up at an amazing pace. I'll sell the left overs on the black market.

I'm cool with working terminal since I like peanuts, they're delicious.

And, the price of peanuts is going up at an amazing pace. I'll sell the left overs on the black market.

Hah! Ain't that true?

Guess I'll have to switch to rice instead... oh wait, that's getting expensive too :drool:

Anyone taking a paycut for this new job? (I'll be taking a pay cut until I make CPC)

I'm waiting for a FOL too... I have a tentative class date of 8/26, but right now it looks like I might not be going at all. I ran into a problem at the PEPC because I take a mediation that's on the FAA "banned" list, and my doctor says he will refuse to take me off it.

Unless I get a special issuance, it doesn't look good...

Back