official "waiting for FOL from NYC PEPC" thread

I'm waiting for a FOL too... I have a tentative class date of 8/26, but right now it looks like I might not be going at all. I ran into a problem at the PEPC because I take a mediation that's on the FAA "banned" list, and my doctor says he will refuse to take me off it.

Unless I get a special issuance, it doesn't look good...

Change doctors.. He can't refuse if you fire his @ss...

So all of you enrouties waiting for a training date:

Do you still get the final offer letter? Or do you get the final offer when they have a spot for you in OKC?

Also, did they mention when new enroute start dates might be set?

Regarding the original question, I heard from someone who was doing my background check. They needed clarification on my work history and whatnot.

I explained it the best I could but the lady didn't seem to really understand. After the call, I had a pretty bad feeling...just from her attitude.

Everything is in order but when you are "self employed" while living at home with your parents because you are waiting on the FAA who said that you would be taking the AT-SAT test "in a couple of weeks" back in June but didn't get to take it until January...things get complicated.

I'm trying not to worry about it too much because whatever happens happens. We'll see...

Regarding the original question, I heard from someone who was doing my background check. They needed clarification on my work history and whatnot.

I explained it the best I could but the lady didn't seem to really understand. After the call, I had a pretty bad feeling...just from her attitude.

Everything is in order but when you are "self employed" while living at home with your parents because you are waiting on the FAA who said that you would be taking the AT-SAT test "in a couple of weeks" back in June but didn't get to take it until January...things get complicated.

I'm trying not to worry about it too much because whatever happens happens. We'll see...

Did you put down a verifier for your self-employment? I'm in the same boat. I've been freelancing for the past year while staying at my parent's. I have a verifier, and can prove my income with my 2007 tax return. What more do they want?

I am self-employed and the verifier received a form today along with many other references I put on my SF-86.

Any idea what that form asks? It took me long enough fill out my SF-86, and if I can speed the security check by getting things in order now... maybe it will make my FOL get here faster (if I get the job).:bandit:

I am self-employed and the verifier received a form today along with many other references I put on my SF-86.

I was at the NYC PEPC and that is good news for me and hopefully my references will start getting their mail also b/c they told me my tentative class date at the academy is 7/29 but I don't see that happening....We'll see :buck:

Did they call your references to confirm addresses?

Any idea what that form asks? It took me long enough fill out my SF-86, and if I can speed the security check by getting things in order now... maybe it will make my FOL get here faster (if I get the job).:bandit:

The form is a simple bubble sheet that asks a few questions and they bubble in the correct response.

I was not aware of any calls. The forms are automatically created from the electronic SF-86 we inputted our information into on the laptops. They just print and send them.

What happens if a reference fails to submit this form?
I've got some older job/residence verifiers that are a little questionable. I put down last known addresses, so I have no idea if they'll receive this or not.

There will be no doubts that they will not receive 100% of the forms back. If it is really imparative that they need to contact them... they'll find a way.

If for some reason they decide NOT to give an FOL (either some sort of medical or background problem), do they inform you?

I'd assume they don't just leave you hanging, but just like to know.

Nothing major, but I got an email requesting information
"Hello! My name is Kevin W. and I am a staff member of the Air
Traffic Organization’s NAS Workforce Group. Our office is
responsible for
obtaining personnel and medical records for applicants who have prior
Federal civilian or military service. These records are used in the
suitability determination and will become part of your official
personnel
or medical file once hired by the FAA.

I am contacting you because your name has shown up on a listing that
indicates you have been sent a Tentative Offer Letter (TOL), with a
projected position in the FAA. As a result, we need to obtain a
Release of
Information form(s), signed by you, to access your official personnel
and medical files."

However, since I have no previous military service, I just responded with "not applicable"
At least they're still processing our stuff...

yea i got the same email. I didn't know what to think of it. You would think they would know if we had prior military service or not.

I talked to HR today and was informed that my FOL is not complete(no surprise) and that I will not be attending the Jul 29th academy class.... HR went on to say that I will be attending the next available class after my FOL comes through.... :buck:

I got the same e-mail, and it was extremely confusing to me. After filling out the SF once on paper, and again on the computer at the PEPC in ADDITION to the ASAP form, you'd think they would have those answers by now. I called the contact on the bottom of the e-mail just to verify, and if you don't have any military background basically you dont reply, and thats that. All these posts of delayed class dates, and nothing until the FY09 is really discouraging, but im trying to take it all with a grain of salt. This whole process is full of ups and downs, I guess all we can do is wait it out.

I found out yesterday that they had JUST RECEIVED my hire recommendation from my interviewer....2 weeks to the day from when I had my interview at the PEPC. They said that it will now trigger everything to be sent out to my references, and clear my medical.

Today I got that e-mail from Kevin asking about my past military experience, so it looks like once you get this e-mail, it's pretty much a clue that everything is being processed. I was told that I should get my FOL within 1-2 weeks! :nana2:

There is still hope for all of us En Route folks! :rawk:

Back