official "waiting for FOL from NYC PEPC" thread

NYC people were told October.

Oh... Well... Right on. I hope that's the case, because the Memphis applicants were told anytime between October and January, and that they were putting down January "to be safe".

October sounds sweet to me.:rawk:

So, it's been almost 4 weeks since my TOL. All of my references have sent their letters back, so I decided to call my PoC, Charlene Sade. Does anyone else have her? When I call I just get, "this extension is not available". Well, I got a reply to an e-mail I sent her. She will be out of her office until 8/5. Hope this helps!

May the wait continue...

PS. I just bowled a 223 on wii bowling :rawk:

Charlene Sade is my OKC POC also, I have had no luck getting into contact with anyone there (her, Terri Owens, Caroline Chambers, etc) my e-mails, phone calls, and telegraphs all go unanswered...anyways I learned very quickly that it's a don't contact us, we'll contact you/hurry up a wait process

Still holding out for an October academy date!!! :drool:

I've actually had some luck getting email responses from both Rene Dosela and Maggie Urrutia. I got a reply today from Rene saying none of my clearances have gone through yet, and even though I was given a Tentative Class Date of 8/26/08, she said that class is probably full by now and I'll get a new class date when I get my FOL.

Also, none of my references have gotten anything or heard anything from the FAA. It's starting to feel like :banghead: again!

None of my references received anything yet, but my buddy (who also applied OTS) put me down for a reference. I got a form to fill out for him this morning...I will fill it out today and send it back in early October.
Hey, I'm still waiting, so should he!

PS. We went to the NYC PEPC on 7/10...in case anyone is keeping track.

I will fill it out today and send it back in early October.
Hey, I'm still waiting, so should he!

PS. We went to the NYC PEPC on 7/10...in case anyone is keeping track.

HA...classic, I was to that same PEPC but don't have to go through a background check since I already hold a security clearance for my present job...my medical, psych, and the other stuff should be good to go. Hopefully this upcoming week I'll get that FOL golden ticket...not holding my breath though.

Everyone is posting as if they already know the answer to this question, but I haven't seen anybody post a clear answer.

Has it been confirmed that FOL's will go out before new class dates are announced? Everybody is saying "I'll hopefully get my FOL in the next week." But, if classes aren't announced until October once the new fiscal year starts, how could FOL's go out unless they don't include a start date?

Deshazo I see your point and despite the whirlwind application process for us FEBOTS we've kept up a good pace throughout the entire process and everything has been on schedule thus far. At the PEPC the bosslady was adament that we would be the first class in FY 09 (she kept refering to us as such) and theres enough time between now and the start of the FY to still get an October academy date and not create a huge bolus. Within the walls of the largest governement contractor, we work down to the wire and leave no rock unturned when it comes to budgets and keeping the work wheels turning

Deshazo I see your point and despite the whirlwind application process for us FEBOTS we've kept up a good pace throughout the entire process and everything has been on schedule thus far. At the PEPC the bosslady was adament that we would be the first class in FY 09 (she kept refering to us as such) and theres enough time between now and the start of the FY to still get an October academy date and not create a huge bolus. Within the walls of the largest governement contractor, we work down to the wire and leave no rock unturned when it comes to budgets and keeping the work wheels turning

Well said. I've gotten all my clearances, and now I'm just waiting on a class date also.

I went to the July 7th NY PEPC for ZNY. I emailed my POC last week to find out some info and she told me that they are waiting for our class dates. But she also told me all my clearances were done and she was just waiting for a class to put me into. She said hopefully she would find out in a week or two when that will be and that was last week. So hopefull if not a FOL next week at least a little more info on when these classes will be filled. Hope this helps anyone unable to contact their POC person.

I went to the July 7th NY PEPC for ZNY. I emailed my POC last week to find out some info and she told me that they are waiting for our class dates. But she also told me all my clearances were done and she was just waiting for a class to put me into. She said hopefully she would find out in a week or two when that will be and that was last week. So hopefull if not a FOL next week at least a little more info on when these classes will be filled. Hope this helps anyone unable to contact their POC person.

I was told the same thing two weeks ago. So I emailed her today and she said that she is still working on earlier classes. So wait another week or two. I'm guessing I will not receive a FOL until a month before my start date in OKC. Which should be Oct 21 according to my new tenative start date that was offered to me in previous emails.

ok, so am i the only one that didn't actually get a tenative start date with his/her TOL? I attended the NYC PEPC on 7/7/8 and my person of contact in OKC has been on vacation or "temporary assignment" like the past two or so weeks so I haven't been able to find anything out. And of course now that he's back, he's not answering my e-mails. grrr....

ok, so am i the only one that didn't actually get a tenative start date with his/her TOL? I attended the NYC PEPC on 7/7/8 and my person of contact in OKC has been on vacation or "temporary assignment" like the past two or so weeks so I haven't been able to find anything out. And of course now that he's back, he's not answering my e-mails. grrr....

are you en route or tower? Also,,, where the hell have you been, this is your first post?

i'm enroute. cleveland center in oberlin, OH. i think that might have been my first post but i've been reading a lot from jetcareers and also atcmonitor since i applied in feb.

i'm enroute. cleveland center in oberlin, OH. i think that might have been my first post but i've been reading a lot from jetcareers and also atcmonitor since i applied in feb.

Well,,, now you need to start participating more... tell us about yourself! Make a progress signature (like mine) so we know more about what you've done / where you're going.

Also, don't listen to a damn thing pm577 days, he's a total idiot. ;)

yeah, before most of my questions were being answered by other people and i didn't really know anything about what everyone was posting so i wasn't much help to anyone else. but now that I've played some part in the large never-ending waiting game, i feel as though i may be of some assistance to other people. so any idea about the tentative class date thing? like i said, i got my TOL but no mention of any kind of start date:banghead:

yeah, before most of my questions were being answered by other people and i didn't really know anything about what everyone was posting so i wasn't much help to anyone else. but now that I've played some part in the large never-ending waiting game, i feel as though i may be of some assistance to other people. so any idea about the tentative class date thing? like i said, i got my TOL but no mention of any kind of start date:banghead:

For enroute, there have a few dates out there that aren't published online yet... have you called / email'd your HR person yet?

i've e-mailed him quite a few times with no response at all. i was gonna call the HR office today and see if i can find anyone that might be able to tell me something.

well, don't worry about not getting a tentative start date with your tol anyways...it would be complete ######## 99% of the time because they don't really know. I am not really meaning that in a negative way..its just that for enroute, your class date is dependent on a few variables that can't be predicted. The largest of these variables is when your clearances are received by your HR rep. My rep bases who he puts in a class first by whose clearances he receives first. So, you could have finished your pepci or whatever 3 months before another person, but if your clearances got held up and came in after that person...then they will get a class date first. I am assuming that this is done by all the enroute hr reps.

Then as enroute, we are so fortunate that they assign each center specific class dates through the year...so we can all be together and on the same page. First step for you is to call your rep and find out what class dates for FY 09 have been assigned for your center. And then find out when your clearances are received and try to get an idea of where you are in the stack of clearances.

Back