**Official "Not Until Next Fiscal Year (Oct. 2010)" Thread**

Re: **Official "Not Until Next Fiscal Year (Oct. 2010)" Thre

I have not looked into it yet, I think for convenience I am going to take the option where the FAA takes care of the lodging and I get less of a stipend. I have no family to bring along so I think less worries would be more beneficial to me than a little extra money

I did not use the government credit when I was OKC. I actually was able to save up enough money for my apt when I got to my facility. Just my little 2 cents!

Got my Nov 2 En Route Class date today, pending drug test (no problem). I am so effin happy :beer:

Yo, congrats...see ya at ZNY.

Some advise...look into Montclair Parc...you gotta order cable and rent furniture, but it will all come to around $1,025. And it's soooooo much nicer than those gross FAA places, plus you pocket a lot of money. If you got any questions just PM me

Some advise...look into Montclair Parc...you gotta order cable and rent furniture, but it will all come to around $1,025. And it's soooooo much nicer than those gross FAA places, plus you pocket a lot of money. If you got any questions just PM me

Word for Montclair parc.
Hopefully you don't have bippoptl living above you or you wont get any sleep. Other than that it's a nice place, they also offer furnished models that include utils and cable/internet too, but they're not cheap.

I'm thinking more along the lines of an extended stay hotel, haven't even really started my research yet. Time to get busy. Thanks for the advice Bip.

I stayed at MP and got a roommate who was in my basics class. We both saved a TON of money, and fortunately for me, that came in handy when I washed out of the Academy. Plus, it's close to the Academy if you have your own transportation.

swinte i can't believe you are still on these forums. I think I read somewhere you still have your hand in the government's cookie jar. How is that going?

FAA credit is looking better and better, especially since I'll be getting sweet 28% locality pay, plus I think being a veteran puts me at a higher pay scale (not sure on this one anymore, can't remember where I read it), plus if I'm really hard up I can collect what is left of my GI Bill while im there (hello extra $700/month, nice to see you)

What is Montclair Parc's pet policy? I still haven't decided, if I leave my dog with my parents, after four months being gone he won't be my dog anymore.

You only get paid more if you are a vra military controller, but your time does count toward moving up on the amount of leave you recieve which is nice...

You only get paid more if you are a vra military controller, but your time does count toward moving up on the amount of leave you recieve which is nice...

All federal employees maintain their pay up to the amount of a D3...

All federal employees maintain their pay up to the amount of a D3...

I think you misunderstand, I had read somewhere that veterans start at the AG pay band, instead of academy pay. What dreamer is saying is that only former military controllers start at that pay band. On top of that, I am not a current federal employee, but a former one, and even so, I think the Academy pay rate is still higher than E-4

I think you misunderstand, I had read somewhere that veterans start at the AG pay band, instead of academy pay. What dreamer is saying is that only former military controllers start at that pay band. On top of that, I am not a current federal employee, but a former one, and even so, I think the Academy pay rate is still higher than E-4

Yes, I misunderstood that statement. I also never heard of a vet getting AG pay during the Academy. Do you mean VRA or prior DOD? I don't believe an OTS with vet pref gets AG pay...

You're right, sorry for the confusion...and thanks for being nice about it!

Yeah sorry ill clarify i had both a vra and a interchange agreement tsa employee in my academy class the tsa guy got ag pay and the vra got d1 pay so if you are a govt. employee at the time of tranfer you do keep your grade and pay...but i myself was in the military (4 years previous to getting into the faa) with no atc experience and i was paid just the same as the other ots... I hope this more answers your question better...

Well well. Maybe if I'm REAL lucky I'll get my Census crew leader pay then.

swinte i can't believe you are still on these forums. I think I read somewhere you still have your hand in the government's cookie jar. How is that going?
I still lurk in the shadows, being the creeper that I was before I started posting on here some two years ago.

The Federal Cookie Jar is quite full. I've got my hand in it, I just need to reach in and pull out a cookie or five. I have about 15 applications all with different agencies that are under DHA (Direct Hire Authority - which means that vet pref points don't count toward any applicants) and I'm just waiting to hear back.

I've been playing with the idea of going to Tulsa Community College for a CTI degree since I have about 7.5 years until I turn 31, but I just can't justify 10 grand on an Associates degree when I already have a Bachelor's.

So cheers, beers, and check landing gears to all my friends here! Hope everyone is doing well!

I've been playing with the idea of going to Tulsa Community College for a CTI degree since I have about 7.5 years until I turn 31, but I just can't justify 10 grand on an Associates degree when I already have a Bachelor's.

Ten grand? Beaver County, brother! Or any of the other cheaper options. You that tied down to Tulsa?

Ten grand? Beaver County, brother! Or any of the other cheaper options. You that tied down to Tulsa?
I have no desire to move that far across the country just for CTI. I'd hate to get that degree and then not pass my PV again.:rotfl:

I've still got plenty of time (thankfully) so we'll see where the road of life takes me!

Swinte, have you looked into the military? Honestly if I were starting over from the time I graduated high school, that is the route I would go. You could still do a 6 year enlistment and have time to get out and go through the normal VRA routine before you turn 31.

That way you will get paid instead of investing thousands of dollars for a degree that is only good for one thing, and it isn't even a sure thing.

I read in the Inspector General's report that the Tower PV is severely subjective, and that some people pass with 2 violations while others fail with no violations. Maybe in a few years they will have remedied that situation

Back