**Official "Not Until Next Fiscal Year (Oct. 2010)" Thread**

jermscentral

Feel like you found out your facility met its hiring needs before FY10 even started?

Was your facility's hiring numbers reduced to zero for FY2010?

Have you been told that you won't be going to OKC until at least October 2010?

Maybe you applied to PUBNAT 7/8 and aren't really sure when or where you're going.

Welcome home.

Of course, if you get a class date for some time in FY2010, you will be excommunicated.

Re: **Official "Not Until Next Fiscal Year (Oct. 2010)" Thre

this is sad, im sorry jerms, i know you've been around here a long time, was reading your posts when i was just a we little forum lurker, i hope i don't end up here

You guys are the pinnacle of patience. If I'd been told that I'd be waiting till FY 2011, I think I would've said, 'Ummmmm.... Forget it, then.' 2 years is a looooong time to be waiting.

But that's just me. Hopefully, none of you end up actually waiting that long..... Good luck!

Ahhh....my new home. Thanks for starting the thread.

Add me and my Omaha Tower (OMA) facility to the list. They gave out one spot 2 weeks ago and that was the one and only spot they are allowed until October '10 according to my rep. So, back to waiting...

Please post here if you were told the same thing...and then especially if anything changes after that.

Good luck everyone.

You guys are the pinnacle of patience. If I'd been told that I'd be waiting till FY 2011, I think I would've said, 'Ummmmm.... Forget it, then.' 2 years is a looooong time to be waiting.

But that's just me. Hopefully, none of you end up actually waiting that long..... Good luck!

I've wanted this job since I was in third grade and took a field trip to BNA. After 16 years of waiting until A) I was eligible to work, B) I figured out what I wanted to do with my life, and C) figuring out how to apply for these positions, another year is a drop in the bucket. Though I do feel like we should be dubbed the "Lost Boys of ATC Hiring".

My (hopefully) future facility just had a guy promoted to supervisor yesterday, and they have a mandatory retirement coming in February. I was still told that the likeliest chance of me getting in would be after October 2010. It really does suck after being constantly pushed back -- from Terri's "June or July" estimate at the Feb 27, 2009, PEPC, to BR's "End of August", then EM's "middle of September", then "the hiring number is zero". I didn't have the luxury of being able to go anywhere in the country, mostly because we want to stay close to our families, though I'm starting to wish I had just said, "I'd even go to Grand Canyon if I can just get a class date."

I'm sure the wait will be worth it in the end, though... right?

I've wanted this job since I was in third grade and took a field trip to BNA. After 16 years of waiting until A) I was eligible to work, B) I figured out what I wanted to do with my life, and C) figuring out how to apply for these positions, another year is a drop in the bucket. Though I do feel like we should be dubbed the "Lost Boys of ATC Hiring".

My (hopefully) future facility just had a guy promoted to supervisor yesterday, and they have a mandatory retirement coming in February. I was still told that the likeliest chance of me getting in would be after October 2010. It really does suck after being constantly pushed back -- from Terri's "June or July" estimate at the Feb 27, 2009, PEPC, to BR's "End of August", then EM's "middle of September", then "the hiring number is zero". I didn't have the luxury of being able to go anywhere in the country, mostly because we want to stay close to our families, though I'm starting to wish I had just said, "I'd even go to Grand Canyon if I can just get a class date."

I'm sure the wait will be worth it in the end, though... right?
I sure as hell hope so. As long as you've been waiting, they should be paying you per-diem:rawk:

Jerms, if you ever make a trip down this way, shoot me a PM.

Feel like you found out your facility met its hiring needs before FY10 even started?

Was your facility's hiring numbers reduced to zero for FY2010?

Have you been told that you won't be going to OKC until at least October 2010?

noob here. can't you go to another facility in your geographical preferences?

noob here. can't you go to another facility in your geographical preferences?

Its not as easy as it sounds. A lot of places had their numbers reduced to zero. Mine was one of them, so was every facility in my geo prefs... I was offered somewhere I havent ever been nor would choose. I accepted and now I still have to wait at least another 6 months. Hope you are a patient person because this can get ugly.

Its not as easy as it sounds. A lot of places had their numbers reduced to zero. Mine was one of them, so was every facility in my geo prefs... I was offered somewhere I havent ever been nor would choose. I accepted and now I still have to wait at least another 6 months. Hope you are a patient person because this can get ugly.

How would I find out what facility is needing new ATC's, and how would I find out what facilities and how many are in each state? Thanks.

How would I find out what facility is needing new ATC's, and how would I find out what facilities and how many are in each state? Thanks.

Im not really sure. Different people will tell you different things, and after a lot of the numbers were dropped im not sure who would have the correct up to date info... sorry.:(

Call them. Visit Pubnat 7 and 8 threads for contact info or just click on my name and find earlier posts. The numbers I was quoted over the summer are out of date, so you need to call again.

Does everyone here get a free Welcome sticker? "Hi, my name is.. "

free coffee in the corner.

uuh... yeah.. uhm... I'm running out of funny for matters pertaining to this career these days.

:whatever:

What have your HR reps told you about the clearances expiring? I know we already have to re-take the drug test, but my HR rep told me as of March all my PEPC stuff will begin to expire. That means I have to re-do the Security stuff and PEPC if I am given a class date after that. I think she said my medical had a bit longer. I DO NOT want to take the MMPI for a third time!

It seems really stupid and wasteful to me if they wouldn't get us in a class date before letting that stuff expire and having to pay for it all over again.

Have your HR people told you anything on the matter?

What have your HR reps told you about the clearances expiring? I know we already have to re-take the drug test, but my HR rep told me as of March all my PEPC stuff will begin to expire. That means I have to re-do the Security stuff and PEPC if I am given a class date after that. I think she said my medical had a bit longer. I DO NOT want to take the MMPI for a third time!

It seems really stupid and wasteful to me if they wouldn't get us in a class date before letting that stuff expire and having to pay for it all over again.

Have your HR people told you anything on the matter?
It is true that everything does eventually expire. I've also heard that when you get close to that happening the FAA will really try to place you. As you pointed out it's not cheap to have all that testing re-done, so if they can avoid you having to do more than just a drug test it's in their best interest to get you a class date ASAP.

It is true that everything does eventually expire. I've also heard that when you get close to that happening the FAA will really try to place you. As you pointed out it's not cheap to have all that testing re-done, so if they can avoid you having to do more than just a drug test it's in their best interest to get you a class date ASAP.
Thanks man. I'll take that as good news. A March date before everything expires would be much better than a date in October of 2010 like I was told. Seems like the FAA should "really try to place you" right from the get go and not make us even worry about all this stuff...:insane:

Thanks man. I'll take that as good news. A March date before everything expires would be much better than a date in October of 2010 like I was told. Seems like the FAA should "really try to place you" right from the get go and not make us even worry about all this stuff...:insane:

Yeah, I was told I would have to redo everything, and mine expire in February... and my future facility has a mandatory retiree in February... HELLO, ATO? ARE YOU HEARING THIS?

Does anyone have a phone number or a contact name that they can give me? My HR has not returned any of my contacts since May and I'm not sure what to do next.
Thanks

Does anyone have a phone number or a contact name that they can give me? My HR has not returned any of my contacts since May and I'm not sure what to do next.
Thanks

Check your original e-mail from your HR rep. If they don't respond to phone calls or e-mails, contact the assistant listed on the correspondence. Other reps can't do much for you, since they all handle specific regions.

The truth is that there is a ton of waiting. Two days before I got my date I was told it would be May at the earliest. I think a lot of us do too much speculation, but that is the fun of these forums, isn't it?

For anyone just getting involved, most of the HR reps don't answer their phones. Emails tend to work best, and you can always call ACD and you will actually get to speak to a human, every time. They don't always have great information for you, but in the 1.5 years I've been on here reading, there have been some happy stories, (some people have gotten dates, or found out they were selected for facilities before emails went out..this isn't true for me, but it has happened!).

Also, take what you read on here with a grain of salt. I happen to believe some HR reps or ACD people like to tell you good news from time to time and it might be just to shut you up. Everyone seems to know someone in the "business", hell, I know someone, but he really doesn't know much about this process.

Be patient and stay in good spirits. I know I'm a lot happier now because I have a date, but at each interval during this process it brought my spirits up just a little more. Don't sell your house, don't quit your job, and it's a lot easier to not get mad at the FAA. Just realize they do need people, they are just trying to become more efficient by finding out what works and doesn't work. Read the sticky posts, they are full of great information. Good luck to everyone.

The truth is that there is a ton of waiting. Two days before I got my date I was told it would be May at the earliest. I think a lot of us do too much speculation, but that is the fun of these forums, isn't it?

For anyone just getting involved, most of the HR reps don't answer their phones. Emails tend to work best, and you can always call ACD and you will actually get to speak to a human, every time. They don't always have great information for you, but in the 1.5 years I've been on here reading, there have been some happy stories, (some people have gotten dates, or found out they were selected for facilities before emails went out..this isn't true for me, but it has happened!).

Also, take what you read on here with a grain of salt. I happen to believe some HR reps or ACD people like to tell you good news from time to time and it might be just to shut you up. Everyone seems to know someone in the "business", hell, I know someone, but he really doesn't know much about this process.

Be patient and stay in good spirits. I know I'm a lot happier now because I have a date, but at each interval during this process it brought my spirits up just a little more. Don't sell your house, don't quit your job, and it's a lot easier to not get mad at the FAA. Just realize they do need people, they are just trying to become more efficient by finding out what works and doesn't work. Read the sticky posts, they are full of great information. Good luck to everyone.

Just curious Wangro2, did you get your FOL yet from your HR?

Back