Ny Pepc Start Time

i noticed they have "Air Traffic Basics - Terminal" all the way up until 09/25/08. So we could still have a chance of getting scheduled to go to OKC.

Well, lets hope us terminal guys get something a little sooner. Mid-Late September start dates would overtake Thanksgiving, and anything after that you're risking spending christmas with your fellow classmates. JOY! I hope you guys give good gifts. Corvette anyone?

got mine for the 11th at 9am earlier today.
Hey guys thanks for posting what your experiences were like today from the process. seems you might be calming some nerves. at least mine. as far as class schedule who cares?!? we are all going to be spending the rest of our holidays with our fellow controllers:). Just looking forward and keeping fingers crossed for a smooth process here on out for everyone! Good luck everyone!

FRIDAY THE 11TH 12PM ... EXCITED AND DEF HEADED FOR A NICE BAR AFTERWARDS

A LIL OF THIS:nana2::rawk: AND THEN :buck::p AND WAKING UP NEXT TO :crazy:

HAHAHAHA I LOVE IT

Did anyone bring a resume to their interview besides the required forms we have to fill out?

hell no. my interviewer had my full asap printout and couldn't care less about my answers let alone any other documentation I could have brought

Hey for someone who went to the PEPC already, did you bring any luggage or saw someone with luggage? Is there an area you can store it while you are there? Will they even let someone bring in a bag? I'm catching a flt right after the PEPC and will already be checked out of my hotel...so what to do...

Hey for someone who went to the PEPC already, did you bring any luggage or saw someone with luggage? Is there an area you can store it while you are there? Will they even let someone bring in a bag? I'm catching a flt right after the PEPC and will already be checked out of my hotel...so what to do...

Im in the same boat, even though I feel like im going to finish early and have to sit around JFK for a few hours before my flight. Im just going to check out in the morning, the hotels usually have places to leave your luggage, then cab/walk back to the hotel after the PEPC, and shuttle it onover to the airport.

Yes, there is a place to store it. When they bring you into the interview area you can keep it in the area with the stage. There was many people with bags yesterday.

A stage huh?

Now i picture some 'American Idol' type audition with spot lights blazing on you and 3 controllers asking you questions.

Thats good to know we can just leave our bags there.

A stage huh?

Now i picture some 'American Idol' type audition with spot lights blazing on you and 3 controllers asking you questions.

Thats good to know we can just leave our bags there.

Careful, Simon can be very critical of your answers, that is why it is important to prepare for your interview.

Most hotels have a Bell Service. I've left my bags with them tons of times even after I checked out of the hotel. Its usually free, but your supposed to tip the guy who brings your bags when your ready.

Got my TOL!!! *WOOT!* I got lucky to be the LAST person out for the day.... my security took 3 hours to type in, then I was asked to go to a "private room" and explain a few things on my security form. So if you have any arrests, bankruptcy's, ever seen a psyc doctor, etc., get ready to explain yourself and write it down!! Also, for the eye test, you've gotta pass with 20/20 vision on everything. My interviewer was really cool... but I was so nervous, my hand was a little shaky... made for a fun experience when I took my water bottle and tried to drink from it in front of my interviewer. Luckly, he was able to ready my personality type pretty quickly, and he tossed a few jokes my way about ATC and was able to calm me down pretty quick. In the end, he said "you know what, I like you... I'm going to recommend you, and I think you'll make a good addition to ZKC!!" :nana2: As soon as I heard that, a MILLION tons of weight were lifted from my shoulders!!

Overall, it was pretty painless and quick... but expect it to take between 5-6 hours (I was there for about 7 hours), and also MAKE TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENTS prior to going there so you have a way back to your hotel room!!!!

If you had to ask me, the worse part was the electro-shock lie detector test I had to take! :eek:

Did they give you any word on OKC dates ??

Electro-shock eh ? don't think that was standard proceedure. haha :nana2:

Cheezypoof: Did you hear of a possible date that the catalog would be published for 2009?:confused:

No, I did not get a clear answer as to when it would be published and available for the public to view.

But, I would assume there would have to be something published within the next month so they can give us academy dates when our final offer letters are ready. That is just my prediction though, I have nothing for ya :(

Back