Ny Pepc Start Time

In NYC, we were told that the quickest time from start to finish was 3 hours, the longest 7.5.

Granted you have no problems, and can type your information into the computer quickly your looking at 4.5-5 hrs. I would just play it safe and get a later flight so your not stressing out, you can always catch an earlier flight once you get to the airport.

so really, this interview is all just a formality? I'm reading interviewing books and FAA releases and stressing. Should I be? It's 12:22 and I'm staying in white plains. My interview is at 8 am and I'm taking all public transportation.

Don't sweat it... just read the questions on the sticky, and if you can answer those... you'll be fine. Get a good night sleep and have fun, enjoy the PEPC....

OH! If you do a REALLY good job at the PEPC, they may invite you to attend the COKE. :crazy:

:yup: hahaha

Don't stress it in the least. Just make sure you talk about teamwork and think of some situations where you were part of a team, and you failed/succeeded.
The worst part of it all is the water they keep demanding you drink, it was labeled deer park, but everyone was running to the restroom every 5 minutes. We started to wonder. haha

You have it backwards, you get 30$ a day for lodging and abround 50$/day for food, etc. Theres alot of housing by there that costs exactly the 30$ a day but ive heard alot is full so you could rent and claim your expenses for lodging up to 30$ per day.

No my friend, you have it backwards. It's $30/day for food and incidentals and $50 for lodging. Your per diem is a FLAT RATE! Yes, you will turn in your housing receipts however you are paid $79/day regardless. If you stay in an apt. for $30/day you will bank the extra $20.

HD

No my friend, you have it backwards. It's $30/day for food and incidentals and $50 for lodging. Your per diem is a FLAT RATE! Yes, you will turn in your housing receipts however you are paid $79/day regardless. If you stay in an apt. for $30/day you will bank the extra $20.

HD

I originally said $50 housing /$30 food, so im with you on that. BUT in NYC i was told you only bank extra on food, housing- what you don't use you lose. Has anyone heard of a cafeteria at the academy where food is cheap?

I originally said $50 housing /$30 food, so im with you on that. BUT in NYC i was told you only bank extra on food, housing- what you don't use you lose. Has anyone heard of a cafeteria at the academy where food is cheap?

There is a widely used cafeteria at the Academy. The food is pretty good but not at all cheap (I'm used to military chow halls though). I ate at the cafeteria only because it was easier than bringing and storing a lunch in the fridge at the school. When I worked nights they gave us plenty of time to run over to Meridian and get taco bell, quizno's, etc...

As far as per diem, goes I can only tell what happened with the folks at my fac. I turned in my receipt for housing at $30/day X 26 days for RTF. A check was deposited into my account for roughly $2200 by the FAA. The total on my credit card for food and lodging was about $1600. I kept the difference. It was the same in the military. If you're really worried though just don't count on the extra and you may end up with a nice chunk of change after its all said and done:). Err on the safe side I guess. By the way you are not required to keep food receipts so if you only spend $10 a day on food the FAA would never know. As far as they are concerned, you spent the whole $30. Make sense?

HD

Ah, very helpful indeed.

While you're here, what was a typical week like as far as class days/times, or is there no such thing as typical? I was thinking of flying back home twice in my 11 weeks, maybe leaving friday after a class and returning sunday? I understand the consequences of missing a flight etc. Is there anyone who did this in your class? Or is it a much safer bet to fly your significant other out to OKC?

Ah, very helpful indeed.

While you're here, what was a typical week like as far as class days/times, or is there no such thing as typical? I was thinking of flying back home twice in my 11 weeks, maybe leaving friday after a class and returning sunday? I understand the consequences of missing a flight etc. Is there anyone who did this in your class? Or is it a much safer bet to fly your significant other out to OKC?

For me it was one week of days, one week of nights. The days are 7am-3:30pm I think, and 3:30pm-midnight for nights. I knew one guy who flew home to Idaho friday after a day class and flew back in on Monday for the evening shift. It can be done but its a little risky. OKC is a very easy airport to get in and out of though. My wife made the drive out but only stayed for a weekend.

HD

Back