NY midair crash video

Not interested. Still pissed at Fox for showing pics of the bodies being picked from the river. No class at all.

Uhh. Although a terrible thing to watch, its going to be very valuable to this investigation.

Very hard to watch. Sad :(

On the other side of this, I hope it helps the investigators.

CNN is now reporting that 2 traffic air controllers are being suspended over the Mid-air... I wonder Why ?

Nothing is gained by not watching the video and "pretending" that it doesn't exist. Thoughts about if the video should have been shown on national television is another debate entirely...but, either way, the video is out there.

The only way that we learn as aviators is to observe what happened in order to try and prevent it from happening again. We as pilots should feel obligated to watch.

For me, "dead bodies on the floor" is always a sharp punctuation mark at the end of a message. The knot I feel in my stomach when I watch that video is what will help me internalize this latest message to CLEAR, CLEAR, CLEAR.

Nothing is gained by not watching the video and "pretending" that it doesn't exist. Thoughts about if the video should have been shown on national television is another debate entirely...but, either way, the video is out there.

The only way that we learn as aviators is to observe what happened in order to try and prevent it from happening again. We as pilots should feel obligated to watch.

For me, "dead bodies on the floor" is always a sharp punctuation mark at the end of a message. The knot I feel in my stomach when I watch that video is what will help me internalize this latest message to CLEAR, CLEAR, CLEAR.
Exactly.

The dead aren't served any better by not gleaning every possible bit of information we can from this accident.

Ignoring it doesn't make them any less dead but watching it might make that true for one of us.

Lemme see, Boston T operator several months ago texting girlfriend...crashes subway train into another.

ATC person talking to girlfriend....lets two aircraft get too close

Me-thinks that there need to be more stringent regulations, in multiple places. Like no private cell phones in ATC towers.

Video said the controller in charge was talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone at the scopes. And the supervisor wasn't in the tower!

Wouldn't read too much into that. Was it a radar tower? Or just a visual one. Either way, with VMC, see and avoid always applies.

Lemme see, Boston T operator several months ago texting girlfriend...crashes subway train into another.

ATC person talking to girlfriend....lets two aircraft get too close

Me-thinks that there need to be more stringent regulations, in multiple places. Like no private cell phones in ATC towers.
Why make a rule? The facility supe should have the cajones to tell their people not to do this. And the individuals should have the professionalism to not do stuff like that.

Video said the controller in charge was talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone at the scopes. And the supervisor wasn't in the tower!

Controller on the phone aside, in the corridor its a CTAF, if they weren't talking to the controller, there was nothing he could have done as far as separation goes.

Back