NoPolitics: Airplanes you like that no one else does

The -300s were from Tyrolean in Austria. As far as I know C5 has never had anything from Qantas. You may be confusing QX, which is Horizon's 2 letter code.
tenor.gif

Good god, I think you're right. In my defense it's been 7 years since I left lol

Edit: I think I'm confusing the rumors circa '12/13 that we were getting more airframes from Qantas because they were transitioning to the 400.

Last edited:
I’ve never flown the -100, but according to the PDT folks I’ve talked to they’re dogs. The -200 had great performance imo, the -300 was better looking but performance wasn’t as good since it had a lot more weight to haul around with the same engines. The -400 handled like a dump truck but the extra 100KTAS was hard to complain about.
Always very curious about the smaller dashes. I only got to fly the 400 and had a blast doing it. Would love to fly the smaller ones one day...

Always very curious about the smaller dashes. I only got to fly the 400 and had a blast doing it. Would love to fly the smaller ones one day...
Imagine driving your car with no power steering, that was the 400 compared to the 200 lol

400 = old PC-12 whereas 200 = NG

400 = MU-2 whereas 200 = BE9L

Those are the best comparisons I can make from my experience

Pilatus PC-9

For most that have flown a PC-9, it was just a stepping stone to something bigger and better.

For me, it was a bit of an affirmation that I wasn't a bad stick. It was the only military aircraft I flew solo. I was considering a gig as an IP for one of our allies and got checked out in this jewel of plane.

Other contenders:

P-3: P-3 pukes caught a lot of crap but I thought it was an elegant Cold Warrior.

C-9: Just looked like an airliner should look.

I've always thought that was such a cool plane. One of the ISR outfits, Avenge or Dynamic I can't remember, in HGR had one. Always enjoyed watching that thing coming and going.

I believe all those at HGR were Army birds in for maintenance.

The LaGG-3. Not because it was a good plane, as it was absolutely terrible, but because it’s pilots decided LaGG stood for Lakirovanny Garantirovanny Grob – the Varnished Guaranteed Coffin.

1940- 50s
They never made beynd trias, but the Custer was Avant Garde with waking anding sees
Nt drun keybard wnt accet certain keystrkes

Back