No more PUBNATs??????????

Simoneaux

This is unofficial information that I received through the grape vine. The mouth I heard it from I would trust with my life.

It sounds like there will be no more PUBNATs. What I've heard: there are now enough public hires, on top of the current and now additional CTI schools that will be operating this fall, that the FAA will have sufficient numbers to meet hiring requirements indefinitely.

Evidence of this can be seen from people now being told to expect a class date of October or later (in fiscal year 2010).

As you should know... the fairly recent announcement on ASAP for CTI grads (and other non-public ones) has a closing date of September 30th 2009. This does not mean that they will look at the applicants in October. They will pull from it throughout the year. I was told once that one closes they will just open up another one for the next year and do the same.

I forgot... I was also told that PUBNATs will still be available as an option to them, but sort of an "only if we have to" option. Say 6 months from now, if it looks like they can squeeze more people into fiscal year 2010 they might open up some more. Again this is all unofficial.

I don't know how accurate that can be considering that I've been told countless times by ATC management, instructors, and HR reps that the the public/civilians have the highest success rate as far as graduating from the Academy and learning their role at their designated position in an efficient manner.

I don't know how accurate that can be considering that I've been told countless times by ATC management, instructors, and HR reps that the the public/civilians have the highest success rate as far as graduating from the Academy and learning their role at their designated position in an efficient manner.

This is true... And they are more successful because they want it so bad and to prove they have what it takes.... BUT the good new is there IS going to be another public/civilian PUBNAT coming up! Below is quote from a source I have. If anyone have any questions please let me know.

We announce the ATC positions to the general public when the Air Traffic Organization asks for applicants. The announcement number will look something like this FAA-AMH-XX-PUBNATX. You can apply by going to our website (www.faa.gov/jobs), locate the announcement number, open the announcement, and then at the bottom of the announcement you will find a link to apply. There are two qualifications that you will need to have: at least 3 years of progressive work experience (for example: an increase in leadership duties, working with less supervision, or an increase in financial responsibility), a college degree, or the combination of both -- to equal 3 years. And you must be under the age of 31. You will need to watch our website for the next open general public announcement which is tentatively scheduled to open in July 2009.

I am looking for someone to clean my apartment twice a week, I am opening up to the general public if anyone's interested.

Those cleaning people that went to housekeeping school are too expensive. Thanks.

I am looking for someone to clean my apartment twice a week, I am opening up to the general public if anyone's interested.

Those cleaning people that went to housekeeping school are too expensive. Thanks.

I just heard from my source that Boomer has already filled this position. Sorry to deliver the bad news. I received this from a source I'd trust my toilet brush with.

I just heard from my source that Boomer has already filled this position. Sorry to deliver the bad news. I received this from a source I'd trust my toilet brush with.

Good news is, my buddy needs someone to, so if you don't mind me sending you to him.

I will probably need another one this fall, I'll let you know then.

I'll start a new thread... "BOOMNAT2"

Better order my brown book to prepare for the TS-SAT (Toilet and Sink cleaning - Selection and Training test).

The TS-SAT practice CD will be available within a few weeks.

Here are the main sections:

Bedroom Scan: Scan clothing on the floor for scent and drag them into appropriate boxes - "Clean" "Questionable" "Burn"

Guitar Hero Simulation: You must be able to perform at his level, but never beat him.. just make him feel like he's almost going to lose. (I recommend "Carry on Wayward Son" on meduim difficulty.

Letter Factory: Sort mail into appropriate piles on a daily basis. Pay his bills on time with your own money, steal money sent by the parents, write him fake love letters from pro soccer players.

Math: uhm.. uh.. yeah.. probably not all that important to Mr. Dumbo

I'm working on the final draft of the CD. I'll let you guys know when it's out.

Please put me on the waiting list, I want a copy. Oh and please include a copy of the song, "Carry on my wayward son"...that is one of my favorite on Rock Band. Thanks! ;)

The academy consists of 2 days of grueling housekeeping training at Boomer's house. I hear the washout rate is ridiculously high.

LOL!!!! :yup::buck::laff::buck::yup:

I thought I would pool our collective minds to see what others have heard... and this is what spills out.

I figured I would get the usual sarcasm and funny posts, but you all really outdid yourselves this time. Some fine future CPCs we have here.

I should have my class date soon. I’m waiting for an amended TOL and then I should receive my FOL shortly after sending it back. I got a call this morning asking if I wanted to wait until after October for tower, or get a class date this summer for TRACON.

"Gee, I really liked the music... can you put me back on hold? Thanks."

There go my windows :(

The TS-SAT practice CD will be available within a few weeks.

Here are the main sections:

Bedroom Scan: Scan clothing on the floor for scent and drag them into appropriate boxes - "Clean" "Questionable" "Burn"

Guitar Hero Simulation: You must be able to perform at his level, but never beat him.. just make him feel like he's almost going to lose. (I recommend "Carry on Wayward Son" on meduim difficulty.

Letter Factory: Sort mail into appropriate piles on a daily basis. Pay his bills on time with your own money, steal money sent by the parents, write him fake love letters from pro soccer players.

Math: uhm.. uh.. yeah.. probably not all that important to Mr. Dumbo

I'm working on the final draft of the CD. I'll let you guys know when it's out.

The only problem will be that the first release of the CD has some quirks, such as the Guitar Hero simulation switching to the next song without warning in the middle of playing "Carry On, My Wayward Son". Boomer will release a patch for the CD on his website sometime in the future, if he ever gets around to it.

I love how there's one thread talking about no more PUBNATS and another thread talking about a PUBNAT that is coming up soon. Lol! and both from "reliable sources!" You gotta love it.

I love how there's one thread talking about no more PUBNATS and another thread talking about a PUBNAT that is coming up soon. Lol! and both from "reliable sources!" You gotta love it.

LOL... So which side are YOU on?

I have pizza and beer....

pizza-main_Thumb.jpg
t_16247_02-01.jpg

well seeing as HR told me Pubnat8 (which yes she siad pubnat8 not 1 or any of the other rumors) would be the first week of july this rumor is defunct imo

Back