No gate, no APU

The 72's were good at the shorter air fields, as long as they weren't the led sled models (-7B's). Too bad the 72 is just a gas hog at nearly 9-11000 lbs / hr depending on weight. It was always fun to hear a jumpseater's comments on the fuel flows after take off. 10000 pph / engine on the roll

The 72's were good at the shorter air fields, as long as they weren't the led sled models (-7B's). Too bad the 72 is just a gas hog at nearly 9-11000 lbs / hr depending on weight. It was always fun to hear a jumpseater's comments on the fuel flows after take off. 10000 pph / engine on the roll

I like it! I HATE gas! Burn it ALL!

Holy mother we only burn 800PPH/engine on takeoff at sea level. I wonder how Aloha stays in business with their 732's. I guess they only have two though :)

Holy mother we only burn 800PPH/engine on takeoff at sea level. I wonder how Aloha stays in business with their 732's. I guess they only have two though :)

You're only burning that much for a minute or so. After that you have you are coming back to climb power and as you climb the fuel flows start decreasing. Once you get to cruise you are down to 9-11000 pph total. Idle descents are 3000 pph total.

The 732's with the JT8's are similary but only have 2 engines. I don't recall what the cruise burns where though.

The CFM engines are better on the 300's and up.

On the 200 I do it all the time, left pack off run the right pack off the 10th bleed set N2 to ~72% puts out a ton of air and very little increase is thrust. Works well IMO.

In this situation I would've just had both going with the same power setting. Cross bleed thrust is 85% (?) N2 IIRC so no where near that level of power.

You're only doing it right when you get the T/O CONFIG horn. If it's 80F and climbing, I'll be the first to man-up, throw TOGA and listen to that sweet, sweet music!

Back