NJC 2021

Anybody who tells me they’re having as much fun with a face diaper on at the craps table, I’m just calling BS.
It will be more fun than being in lockdown. This last year has been brutal on so many different levels for me personally that I will still take this as a win mask or no mask. I’ve got some ridiculous tshirts I’ve been waiting to wear, a bunch of stupid dad jokes to tell, and just a general desire to cut loose for a couple days and forget the last 18 months of malarkey. I genuinely encourage you to come out and enjoy the company, play some wheel of fortune, and chew the proverbial fat with us.

It will be more fun than being in lockdown. This last year has been brutal on so many different levels for me personally that I will still take this as a win mask or no mask. I’ve got some ridiculous tshirts I’ve been waiting to wear, a bunch of stupid dad jokes to tell, and just a general desire to cut loose for a couple days and forget the last 18 months of malarkey. I genuinely encourage you to come out and enjoy the company, play some wheel of fortune, and chew the proverbial fat with us.

Sorry, man, it’s a no from me. But you guys want to come down to the south where we still have some freedom, let me know.:)

damn near $1,000 Th-Sun from MSP and staying anywhere near the strip. :-O Thats kooky talk....

<edit.....Thursday to Sunday....> Thinking one thing and typing another. Thats what I get for typing while Conf Calling.... ;-)

First Hotel on the strip, sorting by price:

2021-09-03_9-03-24.jpg

Last edited:
damn near $1,000 Th-Sun from MSP and staying anywhere near the strip. :-O Thats kooky talk....

<edit.....Thursday to Sunday....> Thinking one thing and typing another. Thats what I get for typing while Conf Calling.... ;-)

First Hotel on the strip, sorting by price:

View attachment 60694
Includes airfare?

Includes airfare?

Yes on Widget Air Lines. I know fares have gone up but considering pre-covid I took both my son (four nights) and I for $750 with hotel thats a steep increase. I was just shocked at how much it went up.

the music festival EDC has their festival in vegas roughly the same dates as NJC, so when they rescheduled to the current dates from previous cancellations hotel rates went thru the roof. I found some (not a whole ton) discounts on ID90 travel or looking directly on MGM or Caesars resorts pages.

Yes on Widget Air Lines. I know fares have gone up but considering pre-covid I took both my son (four nights) and I for $750 with hotel thats a steep increase. I was just shocked at how much it went up.
If you have points, it wasn't bad at the Waldorf Astoria only 50K a night when I booked.

I'd really love to come this year, but I'm going in for surgery at the end of November, and I need to spend my time prepping for that. And getting COVID could sideline my surgery, so I'm not quite there yet.

Perhaps 2022. ^_^ If the world hasn't torn itself apart by then ...

Back