Next Up in the RLA Conga Line

Not the only one. I'm always happy for those guys. Makes me wonder what my life would be like if I were born 20 years later. I can't imagine all of the opportunities. It's really amazing and it helps everyone. I just hope they can stay humble somehow.

If history is any indication....ah, no, they won't.

I flew with guys who, in a 31 year career, didn't have a single bad day at the airline. Whale captains in their 20's.

The entire world revolved around them. And they let you know it.

I flew with guys who, in a 31 year career, didn't have a single bad day at the airline. Whale captains in their 20's.

Yep, that’s certainly been my experience. I don’t get it, I’ve always felt extremely fortunate every step up I took.

I definitely flew with one at XOJET. Trust funder. Whale captain and when he retired he went to 135. Set up an email list that was primarily used by captains to trash talk new FOs under a merit based system. Straight up lied to my face about it. One of the most awful human beings I have ever met. I sincerely hope we are not creating another generation of people like that. That would be awful for the profession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely flew with one at XOJET. Trust funder. Whale captain and when he retired he went to 135. Set up an email list that was primarily used by captains to trash talk new FOs under a merit based system. Straight up lied to my face about it. One of the most awful human beings I have ever met. I sincerely hope we are not creating another generation of people like that. That would be awful for the profession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are weird. I used to think it was just an aviation/airline thing, but after hanging around with some of the SO's friends, yea, it's not.

APA/AA ratified new contract. 73% FOR. According to Facebook mobs the polling was about 88% against.
phhhh WTF what a P***Y pilot group! I can't believe we gave in!!!!

*sighs as he cashes $500K retro check while collecting a 100K pay raise

BUT the flexibility and I want RETRO Meals!

APA/AA ratified new contract. 73% FOR. According to Facebook mobs the polling was about 88% against.

1692645534706.png

Polling data is gonna polling data.

When faced with the actual prospect of weighing the options to decide if a working agreement meets enough of your personal asks vs. the loss of income and QOL improvements on at least a 6 month timeline to negotiate and come to a new agreement... people usually choose the known over the unknown.

And then every 'angry' pilot will lump themselves in the no voter category and look at it through the eyes of 'wE SHouLDa gOTTen MORE!'

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...

Last edited:
I am not surprised by the outcome. Thought it would be 60-65 range however. The younger more Facebook using crowd was probably 95% against this online. More junior pilots had more to gain by waiting, lesser retro to think about and a longer career to wait it out. Older crowd had substantial retro pay out on their way to retirement plus a good long term disability gain.

I am not surprised by the outcome. Thought it would be 60-65 range however. The younger more Facebook using crowd was probably 95% against this online. More junior pilots had more to gain by waiting, lesser retro to think about and a longer career to wait it out. Older crowd had substantial retro pay out on their way to retirement plus a good long term disability gain.
essentially..."hey here's a D*ck ton of money before you retire...can I haz contract?"....

The demographic of the company is going to drastically change in 5-10 years. Most of the people remaining will be AA hires with various diverse backgrounds outside of AA during the lost decade. Things will continue to get better.

Alaska's new step raise eff Sept 1, industry average up Delta/United/American, excluded Southwest...

BAC9-B2-FE-22-E4-4-F7-E-B2-F3-3-D170-B7960-F0.png

Kinda small news given today, but this makes me happy. Next fall my rate goes to 200+ (the 2024 schedule, not pictured, is better). These times are crazy. I just bought a 40' boat off eBay to celebrate, sight unseen. It is a dual inboard because why not

Last edited:
Back