New "Pro-Pilot" Scam

mtsu_av8er

There's a movement going on around us all. A lot of guys in the industry are trying a new tactic to "protect" their jobs, and to create a "shortage" of pilots in an attempt to drive up wages.

What they're doing is pretending to be miserable, in order to scare people away from the industry.

Be careful - they're doing it even on this forum!! They whine and moan, and tell you that if you were smart, you'd go into another industry. However, you'll notice that they're not quitting and going into another industry.

Don't be fooled - Stay the course!!!

new tactic? :D

Seriously. It isn't a new phenomenon and it won't change. I agree it's pretty lame but that's how some people play, and that's how it is. Just continue enjoying your life and don't let little facets of your profession, such as this, bother you.

There's a movement going on around us all. A lot of guys in the industry are trying a new tactic to "protect" their jobs, and to create a "shortage" of pilots in an attempt to drive up wages.

What they're doing is pretending to be miserable, in order to scare people away from the industry.

Be careful - they're doing it even on this forum!! They whine and moan, and tell you that if you were smart, you'd go into another industry. However, you'll notice that they're not quitting and going into another industry.

Don't be fooled - Stay the course!!!

You said "movement"

Im just glad to have a job right now. I know a lot of others arent so fortunate......no angry pilot here....................yet

Seriously. It isn't a new phenomenon and it won't change. I agree it's pretty lame but that's how some people play, and that's how it is. Just continue enjoying your life and don't let little facets of your profession, such as this, bother you.

No it is not new. A similar phenomenon are the bashers on stock boards that think they can influence a stock price by trying to intimidate the weak minded with FUD. I guess the pumpers are a few folks in the flight school bidness that tend to paint an overly rosy picture of the industry to get more folks to sign up for the "dream".

I think a healthy dose of reality is pretty important, and a primary reason this site exists.

A lot of guys have been and continue to get screwed in a career that started off promising. Just jumpseat on a UAL 737 and talk to the FO who's been there for a decade and hoping to avoid furlough. The worst part about that is it comes down to dumb luck as far as that goes.

It's usually not as bad as the worst you hear, and never as good as the best you hear.

I've had it pretty well so far, despite a few minor ups and downs. But I'm not going to pretend that there's no chance my company will furlough, and that I wouldn't be at least a little pissed off if they did.

Seriously? You honestly think that we believe we can influence compensation and work rules for an entire INDUSTRY using psychological warfare on message boards?

That's quite a stretch.

More likely we are just passing along our own world view, based upon our own unique experiences, to the next generation of aviators in the hopes that they won't make the same mistakes we did.

Based upon this thread it would seem as though we are wasting our time.

I think the other reason for unhappy pilots (especially the younger guys) is the ones who have everything handed to them; they think they get to fly airplanes for fun AND get paid. Then they realize they HAVE to fly airplanes if they want to get paid (very little starting out), and it isn't always fun. It's a JOB, and with any job there is going to be plenty you don't like about it.

Knowing that going in - and maybe even working a few jobs in other industries - will make all the difference when the 'daily grind' sets in.

Man am I glad I am still posting available jobs here. However ###### they may be and however many times I get slapped for it, I can't be accused of trying to scare people from this job or industry. *It's just a hickup, a few days from now we will all be well employed in well paying jobs, flying for airlines who value us beyond a renewable source! If you want to secure wages above poverty levels in the future, you will have to do something.

:nana2:

Seriously? You honestly think that we believe we can influence compensation and work rules for an entire INDUSTRY using psychological warfare on message boards?

You guys sure do try! Nobody can be that miserable and still not find a new job.

More likely we are just passing along our own world view, based upon our own unique experiences, to the next generation of aviators in the hopes that they won't make the same mistakes we did.

That's possible. It's pretty awesome to me - I haven't slept in the snow outside, clutching a machine gun, even once in this industry!

;)

Based upon this thread it would seem as though we are wasting our time.

Yes.

Back