New & Improved "A Day in the Life" (Now Online)

Re: New & Improved \"A Day in the Life\" (Now Online)

that's what I figured, thanks for the response. Do you think they will ever open up the cockpit jumpseats again?
thanks

[ QUOTE ]
that's what I figured, thanks for the response. Do you think they will ever open up the cockpit jumpseats again?
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Airline Transport Association and ALPA (or someone else) is starting a test program.

I can't wait!

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Airline Transport Association and ALPA (or someone else) is starting a test program.

I can't wait!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either!

It's been way too long since we've been able to extend the jumpseat courtesy to offline pilots. CAPA, ATA and our own jumpseat coordinator, B757 f/o Brigitte L., have spearheaded a tireless effort to reinstate jumpseats.

There is now a 6 month trail period to work out the kinks of the new system and allow ATA members to jumpseat on each other's aircraft.

Who are the ATA (Airline Transport Assoc) members, you ask?

ATA members

Can wait to say, "Welcome aboard!"

[ QUOTE ]
There is now a 6 month trail period to work out the kinks of the new system and allow ATA members to jumpseat on each other's aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to find some details about this online, any sources?

[ QUOTE ]
think the Airline Transport Association and ALPA (or someone else) is starting a test program.

I can't wait!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like to jumpseat? Is it because it's a seat only pilots can uses so your more likely to get a free ride? or do you just like being able to see out the front and chat with the crew? or other reasons?

Given the option I thought pilots would chose to sit in the back where they can do their own thing, ie Doug playing comptuer games on his laptop or watching a DVD etc etc I thought after a 4 day trip sitting in the cockpit again would be the last thing you'd want to do, plus are the seats out back more confortable than the jumpseat?

Because when you're trying to get home or to work on another airline, and it's a full flight and the jumpseat is open, you can't ride it.

I've watched more flights push back full with open jumpseats that I couldn't ride more than I can count!

The jumpseat has always been our "safety net."

When it was taken away, commuting got 200% more stressful.

Back