New & Improved "A Day in the Life" (Now Online)

Re: New & Improved \"A Day in the Life\"

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm getting old...

I have NO idea what you guys are talking about!

Unless it's from a song or some-fin.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Beatles song "A Day In The Life."

(100 Posts
cool.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...

[/ QUOTE ]

Found my way downstairs and drank a cup, and looking up I noticed I was late...

[/ QUOTE ]

Found my coat and grabbed my hat, made the bus in seconds flat...

[/ QUOTE ]

Made my way upstairs and had a smoke....

yeah yeah yeah and "somebody spoke and I went in to a dream"

Ok who is going to do the drugged out scream?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ah ah ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-ahhhhhhhhhhhh ah AH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ahhhhhhhhh
(boooooooooooooom boom booooom boom boom)

Re: New & Improved \"A Day in the Life\" (Now Online)

The page is completed and available at jetcareers.com/day.htm

Thanks Doug for updating it, great stuff and quite funny to!

Great Article....I thoroughly Enjoyed it..Can't wait for another update
grin.gif
I can't wait till I get to do that.

Matt

Doug,

Sounds like one of my typical weeks except that the boxes could care less about the weather or why we're in the penalty box and number 30 for takeoff. No PA necessary.
crazy.gif

The only thing I really want to know is, how was Terminator 3?!? The wife and I stole away from our 7 yr old and saw Pirates of the Caribbean last weekend. Good flick!

T3 was pretty "ok". Not great, but a little too much action and too many plot holes to really be a good movie.

Kristie and I saw "Pirates of the Carribean" yesterday and it was hilariously entertaining! Johnny Depp is the MAN!
smile.gif

Doug,

Thank you! That was one of the most entertaining and informative aviation stories I have ever read. One thing I didnt understand though. I understood that with each leg the F/A crew would change, but would you change flights and fly out with the same captain?

I read the news today oh boy! About a lucky man who made the grade......

Doug, the meta refresh has got to go! Eminently annoying to have that reload the page back to the top while reading.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug,

Thank you! That was one of the most entertaining and informative aviation stories I have ever read. One thing I didnt understand though. I understood that with each leg the F/A crew would change, but would you change flights and fly out with the same captain?

I read the news today oh boy! About a lucky man who made the grade......

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I keep the same captain!

Doug, what was the problem that caused you to switch planes in SLC?

[ QUOTE ]
Doug, what was the problem that caused you to switch planes in SLC?

[/ QUOTE ]

An anti-skid fault during taxi. We couldn't make it go away and certainly can't dispatch without an operative system.

Hey doug, is anti-skid anti-lock brakes?

Is that a necessity or do just need it at short runway airports. Or do they ground the plane as a precaution that other systems will fail.

Thanks for the the new story. I really enjoyed it and it has gotten me all fired up again. One more year to go before college and I hope to be up there soon.
smile.gif

Regards

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
Hey doug, is anti-skid anti-lock brakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very similar.

[ QUOTE ]
Is that a necessity or do just need it at short runway airports. Or do they ground the plane as a precaution that other systems will fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's required for takeoff but if you have an antiskid fail during flight, it severely limits which runways you can land on. The brakes on the -88/-90 will lock pretty easily without an anti-skid feature, especially when you're trying to bring a 130,000 lbs-plus jet at 140 knots to a stop.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the the new story. I really enjoyed it and it has gotten me all fired up again. One more year to go before college and I hope to be up there soon.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Story?
smile.gif
All that stuff happened! Of course I left out the expletives and dirty jokes!
smile.gif

DOug, is it normal to have that many changes to your schedule on a 4 day trip? That many delays?

[ QUOTE ]
Doug, is it normal to have that many changes to your schedule on a 4 day trip? That many delays?

[/ QUOTE ]

That trip was a little extreme, but I'd say about 70% of the time, I'll complete a trip as planned.

Usually, the summertime is notorious for "re routes" because a little bit of rain in LAX can have a deleterious effect on your DCA to JFK leg... and so on and so on.

Back