New & Improved "A Day in the Life" (Now Online)

Re: New & Improved \"A Day in the Life\" (Now Online)

Oh Doug I new it was real.
grin.gif

Wow I didnt know that before. I figured it had something to do with the brakes can you feel the brakes like in a car. I wonder if the 777 has electronic braking. The new cadallac V-16 has that and the guy who test drove it said it was very hard to tell just how muck pressure you were putting on the brakes.

Is it this way in the bigger equipment.

Thanks doug.

I think the expletive and dirty jokes make it all the more interesting. Kidding though.

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
Oh Doug I new it was real.
grin.gif

Wow I didnt know that before. Thanks doug.

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

You 'new' it was real but you did not know that before??
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

No No
smile.gif

I didnt know about anti-skid.

I just need to slow down and look at what I wrote.

Tom

So, about the words per minute, how many WPM do you have to type?
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Doug that was a very intresting piece of information. I just wish you had more of it.
But that was still VERY good. Thanks for sharing your on the job experience with us.
Its like I was the one who was in the story.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug that was a very intresting piece of information. I just wish you had more of it.
But that was still VERY good. Thanks for sharing your on the job experience with us.
Its like I was the one who was in the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

A four day trip is long enough!
smile.gif

So was it a 9 day trip or do the numbers in the day collum in the schedual mean something else.

Tom

Nope, thats the date.

So when you see "9", it's "July 9th"

If I legally could do a 9 day trip, I'd be nutty as a fruitcake.

ha ha, nutty as a fruitcake.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info doug. I appreciate your time.

Tom

What about trips that bridge the end of the bid period? You could have a four day trip that runs until the end of the bid period, and another four day trip that starts the first day of the following bid period. What's the limitation supposed to be on that situation?

No more than 30 hours in 7 days. But if a trip that goes over the end of the month into the next then conflicts with the next months trip, crew scheduling will drop one of them.

Is that per FAA limits or your contract?

[ QUOTE ]
Is that per FAA limits or your contract?

[/ QUOTE ]

The FAA.

Thanks, Doug. I really enjoyed reading it.

One question. I noticed in the "published pairing" that you were flying into LAX, but out of SNA the next day. Does this happen often when you have a multi-airport destination, such as LAX/SNA/ONT or LGA/EWR/JFK? Also, if you go into LAX, do they drive you down to Orange County right after your arrival to stay in a hotel in that area, or do you stay around LAX and go down the next day?

Well, we landed in LAX, did a "surface deadhead" to Irvine and stayed at a hotel near SNA that night.

Occasionally, we'd fly into IAD and leave DCA the next day along with every combination of the EWR/JFK/LGA mix.

It's fairly rare, but it happens occasionally.

Doug, that really makes for an interesting read. The insight you provide is great. While the majors may have passed me by I have just started my IFR training and am looking at corporate or maybe a regional carrier. We will see were the adventure takes me. If your travels ever take you to Minneapolis drop me a line. Thanks for the site, the info provided helps a great deal.

jim

Doug,
great article, I enjoyed it very much. I just had a quick question about "jumpseating". If you have to sit in the back just like any other passenger why is it that you go up and introduce yourself to the captain?
thanks, Dan

yeah, good question..also....why is it necessary to do that..see i just non-rev a lot b/c i have connections with the airlines......family member works for AA...we just do a non-rev..why cant ya just do that or like if you're a pilot you have to jumpseat...
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Doug,
great article, I enjoyed it very much. I just had a quick question about "jumpseating". If you have to sit in the back just like any other passenger why is it that you go up and introduce yourself to the captain?
thanks, Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're extending me the courtesy of a free ride to work. The same rules and pleasantries apply even though you can't physically occupy another airline's jumpseat.

Back