New FAA weights= Pain for the 50 seat community.

The Czech Airbus 310 that split time between JFK and EWR was whiz wheel and that's a stupidly nose heavy airplane going to Prague. Sometimes company's want whiz wheels because they know the pilots and loadmasters will simply "try it until it works" OR more famously, be so worried about the CG all the time, that ramp gives you an extra guy for the last minute changes. Plane didn't crash anyhow.

Tube of demise is going to be the name of my next band.

Yes!

I remember looking over at Kristie and thinking “Well, this is how we die. Cabin lights off, getting jostled around the cabin in moderate turbulence, muffled gasps of our fellow passengers, HOT (were the packs on MEL? Did we even climb above 10K?) and it just reeked of hot breath, fear and struggle.

THIS IS HOW WE DIE.

Still a superior 50-seater to the -200.

Fight me.

I find the 200 slightly more comfortable because it’s wider and slightly quieter. But the window being mounted as it is, so that even someone 5’10 like myself must bend forward to see out of is odd and painful. Also, the when the gear uplocks release, it still scares the crap out of me.

But I appreciate the single seat in the 145 and normal height windows.
Both are miserable old cans now compared to anything else except the turboprops that predate them (or were the basis for them).

Someone ought to tell Scott Kirby.

Yup. AA over the next few years will be transitioning Envoy to an all 175 fleet. I was recently taxiing out to 35L for departure in DFW and there was a big lineup of AA 73 and Bus tails along with several Voy 175s. Can't really tell the difference. It looked really good. Was really proud to be American. And FYI, those Envoy guys are AA just as much as me.

Yippee Kay Yay **the* **c**r

So at C5, our pax weights now are 204 lbs. summer and 208 winter with our 145 fleet. In the two days I dealt with this on my last trip when it enacted, I was up against MZFW for most of the legs except a few where we were really light. This was with decent weather and no alternate. Weather and distant alternates will hurt now, even worse in winter.

Any other 50 seat drivers dealing with a large of an increase as we are? We went from 184/189 pax weights in summer/winter. Bags are up only a few pounds ( 33 checked, 22 planeside), but infants now weigh 21 pounds. Kids now credit at 133 pounds, Inexplicably, heavy bags drop to 57 pounds from 60. It’s all little increases that end up making a huge difference in how it all comes together.

I don’t see it boding well for the 50 seat down the road. Booking to 50 (or overselling )and then only being able to take 45 or less will get old really quick to customers and airlines. Especially during the “covid hangover” of less flights with less seat being available period. I know pax weights have gone up in the past, but what we have now seems to be a steep penalty on the smaller aircraft many of us fly.
Lol. I love it! One day soon, the aviation industry will finally start doing the right thing - advocating for better diet and exercise. For the wrong reasons, of course, but hell, who's counting?

I find the 200 slightly more comfortable because it’s wider and slightly quieter. But the window being mounted as it is, so that even someone 5’10 like myself must bend forward to see out of is odd and painful. Also, the when the gear uplocks release, it still scares the crap out of me.

But I appreciate the single seat in the 145 and normal height windows.
Both are miserable old cans now compared to anything else except the turboprops that predate them (or were the basis for them).

The Saab 340 wasn’t bad for 20-30 min flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back