New dude here

unclassified

Major freighter airline professional copilot here. No idea of my TT as I don't log my hours anymore. No desire to upgrade as QOL is more important than a title, as I've already BTDT in a previous life, and make more bucks than most major Captains. Not sure how well I'll fit in here as I'm more the "voice of reason" type and might conflict with the rah-rah nut-huggery that goes on. But I'll try and be objective and not overly critical of the Millennials.

Enjoy your stay.

However, you're not going to have a very good time by rolling up to the stop light with a big aftermarket tailpipe and an NOS sticker on the window and expect instant "street cred".

Haters gon' hate! :D

2nall03.jpg

I just got awarded a trophy for my first post. Does that now make me an honorary Millennial?

I think @Derg alluded to this, but the point is that this post sorta seems like ya got a bit of a chip on your shoulder. I'm not saying that's reality, it's just that no one here knows you yet so they're sorta not sure if you're joking or serious or somewhere between the two. If you're kidding around, the little smiley-face function and the sarcasm tag are helpful.

Welcome!

Major freighter airline professional copilot here. No idea of my TT as I don't log my hours anymore. No desire to upgrade as QOL is more important than a title, as I've already BTDT in a previous life, and make more bucks than most major Captains. Not sure how well I'll fit in here as I'm more the "voice of reason" type and might conflict with the rah-rah nut-huggery that goes on. But I'll try and be objective and not overly critical of the Millennials.
Welcome.

Weird way to introduce yourself. Is setting a rude and offputting tone early in introductions your defense mechanism? If so, cool, can't wait until you get acclimated and stop that.

jynxyjoe said:
Welcome. Weird way to introduce yourself. Is setting a rude and offputting tone early in introductions your defense mechanism? If so, cool, can't wait until you get acclimated and stop that.
I'm better than you, so..... Wait, aren't I a millennial??

Anyway, as one of the other old farts here, at least pretending to try and help out some of the millenials is better than complacency. Otherwise, welcome!

drunkenbeagle said:
Anyway, as one of the other old farts here, at least pretending to try and help out some of the millenials is better than complacency. Otherwise, welcome!
Old fart? Please, you're the next youngest person at the Yacht club to pay their tab after me....

Your positive contributions and experience will be welcome here. You fitting in will be more up to you than anybody else. There are diverse opinions here, which there should be. Mutual respect and accepting that every single person on JC can contribute based solely on who they are, not what they do, is paramount to making this a great place to hang out.

Welcome aboard.

Back