New dude here

@unclassified welcome! I'm going to take your millennial comment as tongue-n-cheek since you called yourself a dude. Now I haven't been around as long as others but, this site has helped a lot of people from all walks of life move forward in their career aspirations. I sincerely hope that after you get acclimated you are willing to contribute to the positive energy that this site produces. Now I'm not going to tell you that it is roses all the time but the overall experience is positive and productive. Welcome to @Derg and @Kristie living room. We welcome your experience and knowledge.

... not speaking in iambic pentameter would be a good start.

I have to ask, were you president of the Gilbert and Sulliven Soceity at Princeton?

No, but then again I'm not a women...

Different episode, but another hilarious line from the Ainsley storyline.

I have to ask, were you president of the Gilbert and Sulliven Soceity at Princeton?

No, but then again I'm not a women...

Different episode, but another hilarious line from the Ainsley storyline.
I will kill people, Leo! I was suppose to be on vacation - ahrgh- little umbrellas in the drinks, Leo!

He is a brilliant, irreplaceable legal mind. Otherwise there would be little reason not to through him in prison.

"The wine is a '95 Old Vine zinfandel from Hog Cellars, which once belonged to King Boudouin of Belgium, and is best sipped while making anagrams out of the phrase, 'My husband's an enormous jackass!' " (funny because this actress actually hit someone drinking and driving)

My wife and I are re-binge watching WW. For like the 7th time...best show ever.
Yeah, I may have watched the whole thing more than once...
"Marksmanship wise. What have you got? "
"Well, I can fire a gun without falling down, if that's what you're asking. "

Hahah! I've just been watching The West Wing! Been watching in on Netflix. On season 4 now. Got my mom hooked, too! I really like Donna. Is it just me or is there something angelic about her? She's sort of like Winnie Cooper, Kevin Arnold's girlfriend on The Wonder Years. Donna seems to hardly do anything bad and never anything malicious, sort of like Winnie. And like Winnie with Kevin, Donna keeps the smug Josh in line. Seriously am I the only one that seems something radiant and angelic about the woman? She reminds me of a special lady in my heart in the way she looks and carries herself is why I am rather fond of her. Just in case this seems a bit too much. But I think I can't be the only one who sees that connection between her and Winnie Cooper or rather an angel? Well, maybe the angel thing is a bit weird, but I don't know, when you love someone and see someone that looks and acts very much like them...well I am in love. Great show in any case. Upon the whole the characters are great. I only wish we had a president like that. Then I might not be so cynical about the whole voting thing.

Oh no... This is during into the liberal cesspool that the other site warned me about...

If the President is wearing a hat, or that thing is wearing a Bartlett For America button, I'm hiding snakes in your car... You'll never know how many or if you get them all out.

Hahah! I've just been watching The West Wing! Been watching in on Netflix. On season 4 now. Got my mom hooked, too! I really like Donna. Is it just me or is there something angelic about her? She's sort of like Winnie Cooper, Kevin Arnold's girlfriend on The Wonder Years. Donna seems to hardly do anything bad and never anything malicious, sort of like Winnie. And like Winnie with Kevin, Donna keeps the smug Josh in line. Seriously am I the only one that seems something radiant and angelic about the woman? She reminds me of a special lady in my heart in the way she looks and carries herself is why I am rather fond of her. Just in case this seems a bit too much. But I think I can't be the only one who sees that connection between her and Winnie Cooper or rather an angel? Well, maybe the angel thing is a bit weird, but I don't know, when you love someone and see someone that looks and acts very much like them...well I am in love. Great show in any case. Upon the whole the characters are great. I only wish we had a president like that. Then I might not be so cynical about the whole voting thing.
Donna is the audience. Whenever Josh and Toby or CJ start going nuts with policy wonk and abbreviations (sounds cool) the audience needs a Donna to ask the questions you're asking and fill her in (thus the audience). At first she is an "angellic" cast member who has the halfway love interest with Josh or whatever the new cast member is.

Something interesting happens with Aaron Sorkin women. CJ Cregg started off as the dummy everyone has to explain things to not because she was dumb, she's shown as being wildly educated and intelligent, but she's a PR gal at heart and doesn't know policy. Second / Third season you see her grow, and by 5th season she's a staple holding things together. Whenever Josh talks parliamentary procedure, Donna will take the diarrhea of the mouth from Josh and get "things done". By 6th season (and a few times before) you'll see her come out of her shell and grow from a Jr. Staffer, to a Sr. Staffer, to an exec Assistant in the truest sense, and then something more.

Why am I hijacking the alter-ego introduction thread? Because.

Last edited:
Toby is likeable, too. He really is a mumbling Jew but he's likable. His sense of moral indignation is a fault and a virtue. I love when he goes off on the president for his disease and the president tells him to shut up because he is not the one with the disease. To me the characters are so real.

Back