New BUR-based 737-800 LCC launching soon...as in on April 28th.

For those of you who are unfamiliar ....

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 2.11.15 PM.png

Skybus? No, they were a shade of green. Looked like park rangers searching for Yogi Bear. Absolutely ridiculous. And the FAs wore advertising tshirts and sneakers. I saw them a lot back in the day, I was based in CMH for a few months as a shiny new Saab CA.
Huh, for some reason I thought they were brown. My bad.

I only remember the green. Must be cause I was making more than them as a CA at a crap regional. Complete collection of idiots and fools. Also no surprise CC doesn't get why no one liked them...

No one liked me going to a non-union A320 carrier making $44/hr. But I was 27 and driven. Guess what I’m at now?
(Rhetorical of course)

VX got lucky and would have been bought by AS or B6 in 2016. A stand-alone VX would have been destroyed by Covid and shut its doors. Similarly, the only reason Skybus failed is right after they started, oil shot through the roof and the 2008 recession/GFC hit hard. Lots of carriers went out of business in 2008, including Skybus, ATA, Aloha, Champion, and some others I can’t think off the top of my head.

By the way, some of those “idiots and fools” came to VX right when Skybus failed and by default became senior CAs here even before the AS merger. They’re gonna be alright.

So now that you’ve made fun of us deplorables, how about you? How’d your career go from whatever pedestal you feel you can call out other pilots on? It’s all luck and no one knows if they chose right until they retire. Look at long standing names like Pan Am, Eastern, wiped out. TWA hosed in a merger that changed laws afterwards for merging. Unless it’s a scab, I won’t make fun of a pilot for losing his job because his airline closed its doors, nor will I chide him for having gone there.

No one liked me going to a non-union A320 carrier making $44/hr. But I was 27 and driven. Guess what I’m at now?
(Rhetorical of course)

VX got lucky and would have been bought by AS or B6 in 2016. A stand-alone VX would have been destroyed by Covid and shut its doors. Similarly, the only reason Skybus failed is right after they started, oil shot through the roof and the 2008 recession/GFC hit hard. Lots of carriers went out of business in 2008, including Skybus, ATA, Aloha, Champion, and some others I can’t think off the top of my head.

By the way, some of those “idiots and fools” came to VX right when Skybus failed and by default became senior CAs here even before the AS merger. They’re gonna be alright.

So now that you’ve made fun of us deplorables, how about you? How’d your career go from whatever pedestal you feel you can call out other pilots on? It’s all luck and no one knows if they chose right until they retire. Look at long standing names like Pan Am, Eastern, wiped out. TWA hosed in a merger that changed laws afterwards for merging. Unless it’s a scab, I won’t make fun of a pilot for losing his job because his airline closed its doors, nor will I chide him for having gone there.
I like how he describes himself as driven when he’s been handed everything on a silver platter. This is the crux of the elite republican self image.

”I’m a hard worker who forged my own path! All you losers quit waiting on handouts and make it happen like I did.” Meanwhile, he’s a trust fund baby. Don Jr comes to mind.

I like how he describes himself as driven when he’s been handed everything on a silver platter. This is the crux of the elite republican self image.

”I’m a hard worker who forged my own path! All you losers quit waiting on handouts and make it happen like I did.” Meanwhile, he’s a trust fund baby. Don Jr comes to mind.

Yeah, you’re right. My high school grades, SAT scores, top 3 Aerospace college degree, 0 checkride failures, passing every job interview first time, all of that... was just handed on a silver platter.

Your post summed up in one word: jealousy.

Yeah, you’re right. My high school grades, SAT scores, top 3 Aerospace college degree, 0 checkride failures, passing every job interview first time, all of that... was just handed on a silver platter.

Your post summed up in one word: jealousy.
please, please, please tell me what it is I’m jealous of?

Back