New Alaska Email

How do you figure?

I think each application has it's own processing... well, process.

Pubnat2,3,4,5,6,ak and hi applicants are given the chance to go through the whole process from the ground up for each application submitted, dis-regarding the previous round of submissions you may have put in.

so.. say that you applied Pubnat3 and didn't the get the geopref you desired or it didn't turn out exactly how you hoped it would, you have the option of declining that announcements offer in hopes of getting what you would want via Pubnat4 - the only downside of course being that the number of applicants you are pooling with for the next announcement may be exponentially larger than the previous so your odds may slim out.. even if you have already taken the AT-SAT.

correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't get too worked up over it, even if multiple applications are being processed concurrently.

How do you figure? PUBNAT2 is already finishing up geoprefs and about to have panels... and the AK announcement hasnt even authorized people to take the AT-SAT. My earlier post stated that I have not received a Geo Pref for PUBNAT 2. The deadline is the 24th, hence I figure I can kiss it good-bye.

Not to be rude or anything, but the FAA isnt backing you into a corner... you are putting yourself in that position. Don't apply for a position/location you are not willing to go to, it's very simple. Again in an earlier post, I said that it seems as if the are expediting the Alaska. I stated that I wanted to use announcement 2 and 4 for my 1st choices and if I did not make it to OKC with those - Alaska would be my back-up.
I missed out on announcement 2 and if they are actually expediting Alaska before announcement 4, I don't have the cushion of a back-up. Yes it is very simple, I will go to Alaska BUT it is not my first choice.

If you want this job, and want a certain location, apply to a national announcement and have patience. No one ever promised that this is a fast and easy process - the sooner you realize and accept that you will keep your sanity.My patience ran out 50 calls ago! I know it is not a fast process. If it actually takes everyone the same amount of time, I have no problem. My issue it that I fell through the cracks, despite my best efforts. You're telling me I should sit patiently and quietly, while everyone else I applied with is at OKC. I think that would piss off the most patient person.
Dude, this kid has been flipping **** ever since he didn't receive the GeoPref email back on the 4th and if he wants to continue to get amped up and blow it out of proportion, then let him...
Blown out of proportion? How exactly am I supposed to feel about not getting the Geo Pref for something I am qualified for? Countless people have told me I made the list, but always directed me to someone else because they could not fix it. Calling day after day and sending email after email, and I still have nothing. It is more than a bit flustrating. If anyone has a right to "flip ****" , it is me!

BTW I received the email for Hawaii...

Sorry everyone else, I had to flip some more ****.

No, I saw, I just don't give a damn...

short-bus.jpg

Qualified :yup:

setra.jpg

Well Qualified :yeahthat:

If you live in a glass house...you should never throw stones!

On another note....I counted 745 email adresses in the PubAk email :)(was bored)

I would bet.... at least 250 people are mainland U.S. applicants still waiting for the AT-SAT that wont go to AK to take it..and wont take it in time...

200 or more are Pub 1 & 2 applicants that will have a TOL already...

that leaves at least 300 people to fight it out for 60 or so jobs considering most will go to the center... Take away the short bus kids...and it leaves 290 people fighting it out....

you should like your odds mekia... :nana2:

***post deleted by user b/c making fun of retards, even when other retards need to be made aware of themselves.. is wrong... it's funny... but it's wrong***

phil, take a chill pill. I don't know why everyone's gettin all emotional over Mekia's disappointment.. everyone's gonna vent on here sooner or later and we might as well learn to pat eachother on the back considering we're going to be working together in the future... right?

no more ego's please.

Back