Need info

williamcohen98

Hello, new to all this stuff, but I want to get ATC in the air force. Took the picat practice asvab got a 97 any advice for meps? All the forums are over a year old.I'm also right out of high school. Will this hurt me in any way?
Sent from my RCT6773W22 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Have you talked to a recruiter at all?

Making a 97 on the practice ASVAB is great, but you need to take the real one. You should meet the Air Force qualifications for a controller with that, but you need to talk to a recruiter to be sure.

MEPS is just screening to make sure you are fit for military service, as long as there's nothing to disqualify you for ATC duty, you don't have anything to worry about. You can probably google Pilot first/second-class medical standards to get a pretty good idea the ATC medical qualifications, pilot and ATC medical is pretty similar.

Being right out of high school will have no effect on joining. The vast majority of people who join the military are right out of high school. I don't think there's any age restrictions on ATC in the air force, but again you need to talk to a recruiter to be sure.

FAC's tend to not get relevant ratings for employment outside the military. Not something the OP mentioned and probably not a concern of theirs, but just something I thought I'd add to the suggestion.

Make sure ATC is guaranteed in your contract. The recruiter may tell you yeah yeah yeah but if it's not in your contract you may wind up being security forces or a mechanic.

Back