National Airlines

PlaneFan82

Does anyone have any information about these guys as far as working conditions, pay,contracts, etc? Just want to garner more information about them. Thanks!

National Airlines is moving to Orlando and my company, Capital Cargo is leaving Orlando and I know a good portion of our our SOC has applied there (a lot of people don't want to move to Wilmington OH, can you believe that? :) ). I haven't (at least not yet) but from what I've heard it sounds like they have a pretty nice SOC and everything I'm hearing has been positive. They fly 74s and 75s and some kind of Combies domestically and in the middle east. I believe they have an on going DOD contract. I know they are taking a lot of our guys and Airtran guys (who don't want to go to WN in Dallas). If I end up interviewing over there, I'll post some better details!

One needs to realize that Cappy had contract employees for a lot of the OCC. So they shouldn't have that much stand at the new ATI going forward. Could be wrong though.

As far as National goes, I was a basically hired back in 2010. Never got the call; flying must have dictated no additional flight controllers at the time. Was then on the radar with them again this last summer (furloughed from ATI right after the ATI/CCI merge) and was told that the move was going to occur and subsequently got passed over again. Then ATI re-won the 757 Combi DOD contract, so that program isn't happening and National will only be flying the one 757 (N176CA) for the time being. They actually swapped out N169CA for N176CA back in May/June and N169CA was sold off to FedEx for conversion. They retired the DC8s back in early 2012 and brought the 747-400s over onto their OC and now have National pilots crew them (they were ACMI birds operated by Air Atlanta for a long while).

The owner is loaded and really invests in the company tools. AFAIK, the SOC and SOC tools are top notch for such a small company. He just shelled out a lot of money back in 2011 for a brand new OCC at YIP and is already moving.

National is the former Murray Air as well which might help with your research.

757 - 1
747 - 3

All planes are based at DXB

Seems like a lot of flux at the company though......hope this helps.

A coworker just interviewed with them. Granted he lives in Orlando (currently commutes) so I'm sure that helped in the companies decision in giving him a shot.

Just got hired at National. Seems like great company. All the stuff above is pretty accurate. Can't wait to start. So thrilled and grateful to be staying in Florida. Will miss all my buds at 5k!

Just got hired at National. Seems like great company. All the stuff above is pretty accurate. Can't wait to start. So thrilled and grateful to be staying in Florida. Will miss all my buds at 5k!

Congrats! Always good to leave a carrier with financial troubles behind...

Not sure who will conduct the interview for ground operations. Very straight forward process as far as my interview. No written, just lots of behavior based questions. Basic interview prep should get you ready. Good luck!

Cool man thanks for the help. Congrats by the way. Maybe we will run into each other at hdqs one day if it goes well.

Back