National Airlines

I actually talked to their dispatch manager (who is a friend of mine) and he said things are going great there. They're growing, adding more positions and I believe he was able to get them into CASS.

Are they 121 supp? Can't find to much info on them, they are looking for a flight follower.

I interviewed about a year and a half ago when the "National" name was still wet on the planes and the 757 had just been ferried to YIP. Loved it there and I truly wanted the job because I really think they've got a solid business plan.

I left the interview thinking I'd be hearing back within a day. Yet that never happened and after about a year of on and off contact, I moved on for now. Heard the 757 certification was kinda botched and they did a few things...... Nuff said with that.

I may have to make some calls and see what I can find out. I'd like to give it another shot.

Four 757 combis are coming on line and there is a thought that more 747-400s are in the works. I really think that if it is done correctly, the expansion could be perfect. The DC-8-62 has been parked in YIP and I saw one of the -70s sitting near the AMR ramp in MIA last week. Seems like the -8s are yesterday's news.

Our former VP Flight Ops left after our merger to go be the D.O. at National. Apparently he's helping them put together an ETOPS program and improve their flight operations. He's top notch, so if they're recruiting people like him, then that seems like a good sign.

ETOPS program was already completed when I interviewed. They were just waiting for the 757 AFM to come back from the FSDO (or that is what they told me) before they submitted it so as not to bog down the FAA I guess. I'm 90% positive they did their ETOPS proving runs last summer.

Check PM plz!

Back