NAI is Approved

Question, how was it legal for Delta to have its Frankfurt hub in Germany? Obviously not a Flag of Convenience situation like NAI, but we don't see Lufthansa with an American hub at JFK, for example?

Always wondered about this.

I can't really argue to point here other than " DEY TOOK ER JERBS! "

But, every conformity of youth economist I've ever run across has had "it's a global economy" drilled into their heads. What do we expect? We buy crap from China and everywhere else where a bowl of rice is daily pay. I don't think this is just an attack at American jobs, It's an attack on the middle class jobs that steadily go bye bye. The world is in fact a different place than it was 40 years ago, one small slip at a time as we dwindle downward and downward until our pensions and social security are gone, and the only half wit bastard left will still be screaming "Mericuh!", "Freedom!".....and "Stuff!"

No. The Frankfurt hub was shuttered because Ron Allen is a full on retard who didn't know how to be the CEO of Delta Air Lines. Worse day in company history was when he was picked over Hollis Harris to be CEO.

Or that.

Pan Am had 5th freedom rights secured at the end of WWII, just as NorthWest Orient did in Japan. The spoils of war.

That's what you get for starting a ruckus.

Don't start nuffin', there won't be nuffin'.

Richman

PS The proper pronunskiation is (sung) Northwest Orient [GONG] Airlines

Please make a note of it.

It's what happened to, and destroyed the cargo shipping industry. And the cruise lines for that matter.

Well the requirement to have a US captain on foreign flagged vessels in the Inside Passage has been pretty lucrative to aviation in SE.

So does Delta still own those Fifth Freedom rights?

I think during Bermuda II the rule was changed that if a 5th freedom right was not used for more than a certain period of time, it disappeared.

Edit: not Bermuda II as that was a us-uk deal. Not sure which agreement it happened in.

Ok, so, as someone who hasn't been keeping up with this, could someone explain just how this is different than other EU airlines?

I get the whole flag of convenience as it relates to dealing with Norway's stricter labor laws. It's dumb, completely defeats the purpose of having said labor laws, and should be illegal, but it's not. That said, since they're registered in Ireland, they'd have to meet all of the regulatory requirements of the EU, no? So how could they be any different competitively then what KLM, Lufthansa, Air France, etc etc are? I understand that they get their pilots from a lower labor cost market, but is there anything currently prohibiting these other airlines from doing the same?

Ok, so, as someone who hasn't been keeping up with this, could someone explain just how this is different than other EU airlines?

I get the whole flag of convenience as it relates to dealing with Norway's stricter labor laws. It's dumb, completely defeats the purpose of having said labor laws, and should be illegal, but it's not. That said, since they're registered in Ireland, they'd have to meet all of the regulatory requirements of the EU, no? So how could they be any different competitively then what KLM, Lufthansa, Air France, etc etc are? I understand that they get their pilots from a lower labor cost market, but is there anything currently prohibiting these other airlines from doing the same?
There isn't and this is why this becomes a very slippery slope.

Back