My METAR is cooler than yours

Timbuff10

Mother nature showing us who is boss today here in Denver.

KDEN 032303Z 07017KT 10SM TS SCT020 BKN055CB OVC090 18/08 A2963 RMK FUNNEL CLOUD B56 FUNNEL CLOUD E02 AO2 FRQ LTGCG VC W-N TS VC W-N MOV NE CB DSNT S-N MOV NE WALL CLOUD DSNT SW

Made it home from flying in time to be able to eat popcorn and watch the show from my balcony! One of the more powerful and interesting storms I have ever seen and some cool rotation in the clouds too.

What, no photographs? j/k !!! That does look like a mess.

Yeah, the gust front was really amazing when it came through. You could see it for a good mile or two. The funny thing was just as I was watching it come toward me and was thinking "geez, I would hate to be stuck up in that stuff flying around" the Channel 7 news helicopter comes hauling ass out from under the clouds trying to stay in front of it, and then to top it off a Baron was going about Mach3 departing the area. Good for the Baron he beat the storm but good grief, if he didn't...

If hail and funnel clouds don't convince you to stay on the ground what will? I guess the checks or whatever cargo he had really needed to arrive on time. I don't think I could ever do a job like that.

Back