My apologies to all

TomCatter

MikeD and others,

1. I want to sincerely apologise to everyone on this forum for posting / saying things I shouldnt have. there is no explanation as to why I did this its maybe that I want to be an aviator but I cannot. Being a pilot is something that I have always dreamt of its just something I can never be because of my eyes. (yes I am color blind).

2. Being something that I am not is not going to take me anywhere in life.

3. I would ask any moderator to please Delete my forum ID.

4. For the record .. yes I am a consultant at the Navy base and those awards (which someone accused me of faking) are the ones I have received for my work.

Once again my apologies for misleading anyone here. I am truly sorry & I hope you all forgive me.
I will no longer post here .. I have made a fool of myself.

goodluck to everyone

Sachin

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!!!

Instead of posing as something you are not, perhaps your time would have been better spent trying to get a waiver from the FAA for your color blindness.

I don't know if they'd issue one or not, but I can tell you one thing.

Trying to get one issued would have been a hell of a lot more productive than acting like you're the guy from J.A.G or Maverick from Top Gun.

[ QUOTE ]
MikeD and others,

1. I want to sincerely apologise to everyone on this forum for posting / saying things I shouldnt have. there is no explanation as to why I did this its maybe that I want to be an aviator but I cannot. Being a pilot is something that I have always dreamt of its just something I can never be because of my eyes. (yes I am color blind).

3. I would ask any moderator to please Delete my forum ID.

4. For the record .. yes I am a consultant at the Navy base and those awards (which someone accused me of faking) are the ones I have received for my work.

Once again my apologies for misleading anyone here. I am truly sorry & I hope you all forgive me.
I will no longer post here .. I have made a fool of myself.

goodluck to everyone

Sachin

[/ QUOTE ]

Know that you can't pose with that kind of lie and not get caught.

Know that you can't pose like that with the trail you did and not get caught.

Cut the whiny crap, and quit acting like you somehow just now realized what you were doing was wrong. You knew it from the word go, and now that you got your ass nailed to the wall with your lies and deceit, only now do you amazingly "realize the error of your ways". Were you not caught, you'd be continuing with this despicable behavior and continuing to mislead the other posters on this board, and likely on other boards. I'd expect your lame excuses for your actions from a 15 year old, but not from a 25 year old professional with a bachelors degree and an education such as you have. Makes me wonder how much else of your life is a fraud.

How stupid did you think people were? You must not have much respect for yourself, since you have little respect for the real professionals here.

I have no sympathy for you. The fact that you even work in a support position for the US military sickens me.

Good Riddance. And I hope the military and others buy what you're now trying to sell.

I'm inclined to agree with Mike in this matter.

I believe if MikeD hadn't taken the time and effort to trace this person down and expose him for what he really is, then his deceptive ways would've continued. Must be a lonely existence sitting behind a computer screen trying to convince others of being someone or something they're not.

Take it over to Airliners.net where you'll be in very good company!

Thanks Mike.

I guess the website, once again, has grown to the point where instead of saying "Cool! A 777 captain! Lemme ask him some questions" to having to give new users the sniff test.

Which is tragic.

Because that's the single most destructive thing on a informational-based forum is having to constantly doubt a person's sincerity.

Hopefully, we'll be able to learn from this situation and actually grow, but thanks a million to MikeD and the others that assisted him in this situation. And thanks for catching it before it grew to a destructive level.

It's one thing to tell a lady you're a fighter pilot in a bar, but misrepresenting yourself as a naval aviator on an aviation-based website is astronomically assinine.

I consider my website as an extension of my living room, almost sort of an online "Cheers", you know. We'll laugh, fight, whatever, etc, but the day ends with a good conversation about flying, airplanes and just where the hell that ever elusive next step is in an aviation career.

And I'm going to fight like hell to keep it that way.

I know this guy is outta here, but since we are about information...

He should actually GO for a medical if he wants to be a pilot so bad. The new medical rules allow you to have a private, with restrictions, no matter how color blind you are. (Not valid for night flight or by color signal control) It sounds to me like he never even tried. It seems that if you REALLY want to be a pilot, you would at least attempt to get the medical. I have a color deficiency, and had the restriction removed after about 6 months of research and a light test with the FAA. I now have my commercial, with the hopes (cross your fingers) of flying with the airlines someday.

So, if you are still out there, learn something from all of this, and get your medical!

That's my opinion anyway.

Grayson

[ QUOTE ]
Must be a lonely existence sitting behind a computer screen

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, i can relate to this... because I mostly sit behind a computer all day typing reports or drawing up some CAD without much interjection from me to my co-workers and vice versa...

I can literally say that yes - most of the time, it is a lonely existence....
frown.gif

I think that it's never too late to be a pilot if you really want to and if there's a way to get a medical even when your color-blind, then if you want it - go for it.....

there's nothing in the world that you can't do - you just have to find the way!
smile.gif

Well, just to make sure nobody thinks I'm misrepresenting myself, I can assure you that I really have not logged any hours yet. I can prove it, ask me a question a PPL should know and I probably won't be able to answer it.
grin.gif
LOL

But, I am starting PPL training on Monday and am very excited.

[ QUOTE ]
I consider my website as an extension of my living room, almost sort of an online "Cheers", you know.

[/ QUOTE ]In that case, I feel it's my duty to tell you I saw Chunk taking a whiz on the carpet in the corner.
grin.gif

Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, I must admit to all that I'm not a pilot either; I've spent the last two years on this board merely buttering you all up for my massive Amway push.
cool.gif

So when is Doug going to break the news that he really isnt a pilot and tell everyone the truth?

We all know that he is famous for inventing underwater basket weaving..
tongue.gif

"Thanks Mike.

I guess the website, once again, has grown to the point where instead of saying "Cool! A 777 captain! Lemme ask him some questions" to having to give new users the sniff test.

Which is tragic."

I don't think it's quite to that point yet Doug, it just seems when certain things just don't add up, it sets off the alarm of some. I'll give people the benefit unless something sounds really fishy.

I agree though, that a state like that on these boards would be tragic... I think the main user base here can be mature enough for it not to happen, though.
wink.gif

Most are either bashing him or acting like they are in the middle of some protective force where nothing bad happens. Posing as something else isn't anything new, some do it for a living...it's called acting. As long as I know you're pretending, it's O.K.
tongue.gif
? LOL
grin.gif
!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmmmm, let's think about this, if I don't know about the jig it's bad......but if I do know about the jig, I am entertained. It may be corny entertainment, but I am still entertained nonetheless. I sense double standard here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awards? Like the gold wings of a Naval Aviator? Try again pal.

Chunk

PS--I had to go *really* bad and Eagle was in the bathroom for one of his 'meditation' sessions with a bottle of Eucerin.

Actually, I have a confession too. The picture I used in my profile really isn't me.

This is the real me:

12m.jpg

I just use the picture of the portly guy in the blue shirt just to keep the chicks from emailing me so much.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I have a confession too. The picture I used in my profile really isn't me.

This is the real me:

12m.jpg

I just use the picture of the portly guy in the blue shirt just to keep the chicks from emailing me so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thinking Doug........
wink.gif

I have to admit it too - I am not pasty white. I can actually keep a pick standing up in my hair!! YEAH I have culture!!!!

alright.. since everyone is admitting something of personal nature....

I'm not really blonde... i'm brunette *sigh*
frown.gif

HAHA
grin.gif

Back