Multi-Engine Time Building

Would you be interested in a twin rented in 10hr blocks at $150-$175/hr DRY in Baltimore area?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aaron Harrington

Hey all,
There is a distinct lack of multi-engine aircraft available in the Baltimore area for time building. I'm thinking about actually BUYING a twin and leasing it out to people in need of multi time. For the naysayers "oh my gosh, thats going to be expensive.... you dont know what you're doing....etc" I already own two personal aircraft and i'm finishing up an A&P certificate here this summer by restoring a plane, so yes, I am well aware the costs. I have been doing my cost/insurance/mx etc homework and am looking at a Cessna 310R, Beech Travelair, or Piper Seneca. I am trying to keep price somewhere between $150-$175/hr DRY and rental would be in 10hr blocks. You would have to come multi-engine rated already. This wouldn't be a plane used for multi-engine training. This would be a well maintained cross-country machine. The only thing that i'm lacking is the market research. A plane on the ground costs money. Is there any interest out there?

I'd hit up the flight schools at MTN, DMW, FDK, and GAI first. There used to be a Seminole at FDK but I think it's been down for some time. That's the only twin I ever knew of in the area aside from a very brief and ill-fated attempt to bring a Seneca V into the fleet at MTN a decade ago.

Middle River Aviation has a Twin at KMTN. A Grumman Cougar which I fly on occasion, rents for $270/hr wet (OUCH!). This plane isn't for me. I'm not trying to build my own personal hours, this is for all the people I see on this forum looking for multi time building I read about all the time.

Middle River Aviation has a Twin at KMTN. A Grumman Cougar which I fly on occasion, rents for $270/hr wet (OUCH!). This plane isn't for me. I'm not trying to build my own personal hours, this is for all the people I see on this forum looking for multi time building I read about all the time.
A Grumman Cougar??
Hearing that, a different image came to mind ...
Grumman Cougar.jpg

Hey Aaron...how is the multi search coming along? A buddy and myself would be interested
Thanks
John

Hey all,
There is a distinct lack of multi-engine aircraft available in the Baltimore area for time building. I'm thinking about actually BUYING a twin and leasing it out to people in need of multi time. For the naysayers "oh my gosh, thats going to be expensive.... you dont know what you're doing....etc" I already own two personal aircraft and i'm finishing up an A&P certificate here this summer by restoring a plane, so yes, I am well aware the costs. I have been doing my cost/insurance/mx etc homework and am looking at a Cessna 310R, Beech Travelair, or Piper Seneca. I am trying to keep price somewhere between $150-$175/hr DRY and rental would be in 10hr blocks. You would have to come multi-engine rated already. This wouldn't be a plane used for multi-engine training. This would be a well maintained cross-country machine. The only thing that i'm lacking is the market research. A plane on the ground costs money. Is there any interest out there?
So I'm guessing you're not an MEI, and that's why you don't want to train people in it. There's a REALLY good chance that your insurance company wouldn't let you rent your plane to anybody that didn't receive 5-15 hours of dual in make/model. With that said, if you don't have an MEI to go along with it, it's all but worthless for your purpose for all but the customers that got their multi add-on in that make and model.

Of course, you could just go without insurance and let literally anybody fly it. Better have an airtight rental contract though.

Back