Mpenguin1 (Mike) is in the hospital!!

Kick this thing, man! We miss your postings of the strange & weird!

Thinking of an appropriate Star Trek quote, will have to get back to you with that..... :)

Mike, hope you're feeling better and aren't driving the nurses too crazy! :insane: Can't wait to get some more of your "colorful" PMs. ;)

My brother-in-law had the same thing 2 months ago!

He was having pain in his back. He thought it was from moving furniture. I saw him on a Sunday. Wednesday he could not breath very well. His wife took him to the Dr. , the Dr. sent him to the hospital! He was having such a hard time breathing , he WANTED the ventilator! They put him on a ventilator , feeding tube , the whole nine yards! They did test , STAPH infection. The Dr.'s told us he has a 50/50 chance if he makes it through the first 48 hours! He said 80% do not make it through the first 48 hours! His kidneys , and vital organs were shutting down!

My church prayed and prayed and prayed as well as his church! My sister , his wife , is not in good health , and he has 3 children! I prayed and prayed and begged God to let him live! He made it through the first 48 hours!

They did a cat scan , he had a mass of infection in his back the size of a softball! They operated , took out the mass! Three weeks on the ventilator , another week in the hospital! When he got home , he was like an invalid! Like a baby. He had a pic line still in his chest to take fluids and antibiotics every day for a month! He was so week , he could not work and barely could make it to the bathroom!

I will pray for Mike and ask my church to pray for Mike! We will pray for Mike as hard as we prayed for my brother in law!:D

Mike - my daily "weird news" consumption rate has fallen drastically since you've been gone. Get better soon, buddy.

I gotta tell ya, working in the hospital setting like I do, I swear Staph infectitons, among hospital patients, has been on the rise over the past few years. I'm not sure why or how it's happening, but there just seems there are strains of Staph that are growing that laugh in the face of antibodics. Very aggressive and very deadly.:banghead:

Like the rest of you, I wish Mike a very quick recovery and offer my best wishes and prayers to him and his family.

You are loved here, Mike!!!! :rawk:

Get well buddy! Miss the weird and unusual posts. MRSA's no joke!:( Some people get it and don't get sick. They're carriers and can spread it to other people without knowing that they are MRSA carriers.

Thanks for the update and the Info Kristie. I will send him a bunch of fun stuff to lift his spirit.
Pengy get well soon, JC loves you FOREVER!!!

Back