Mpenguin1 (Mike) is in the hospital!!

Dear lord. I only met him at NJC 07, but he is just one of those guys you meet and it is evidentg right off the bat: Mike is such a great guy. Prayers for him.

Damn, poor guy. Pengy, get better soon so that you can piss me off with your cheerleading for your political party.:D

OMG...I hope he gets better soon. Anybody have an update?
yup... right here

Hi Kristi,

I am glad that you got the information on where to send get well wishes to michael. My sister lisa is there with him now and while I was on the phone with her- michael woke up and I told her that you were asking for him and he gave a thumbs up. So he knows that everyone is thinking of him.

As to what happened to him, he had a staph infection that was not treated correctly and the infection colonized into his blood stream and traveled to his lungs, he then got sick on top of that and his body just could not take any more. The staph infection lowered his immune system so much that he picked up MRSA which is in his blood stream and lungs. He is on very heavy antibiotics trying to kill this infection and they are testing every other organ to make sure that it did not colonize there.
According to one of his co workers staph was a common infection last year and many people were hospitalized.

Today he had a test done to make sure he did not damage any heart valves (which seems to come back negative) and a CT scan of his brain and sinus cavities to make sure there were clear (so far negative). It will take a while before this clears up . I am waiting for the doctor to call me know with an update. When I hear something I will let you know.

Yikes, doesn't sound good. Good thing he wasn't in one of the many entry-level jobs in this industry that don't offer health insurance!

Jesus, Pengy. Get well soon dear. I'm praying for you. Every drunken karaoke song I sing from now on will be dedicated to you!!

Damn. I was hoping I had not remembered correctly about the staph. I hated hearing he had it when he posted some time back. Prayers are with Pengy.

Hey guys,
I'm in Renton for training this week. Mike's hospital is actually not that far away from me. I wasn't able to get over there last night as I have no wheels and a very early sim this morning. I'm going to make my best effort to get over there today but i can't make any promises. They won't give me any updates over the phone. I obviously haven't been on here that much because of training so i didn't find out to late yesterday afternoon. I'll either call kristie or martin with an update if i can make it over there.

Wow, staph infections sucks. I caught MRSA in the hospital after my c-section. I ended requiring an additional hospital stay, another surgery, and home health had to come out to my house twice a day for nearly a month. I actually still have an open incision site that's trying to heal slowly from the inside out and the baby was born 6 weeks ago. I can't believe how far they let his get though. I feel so bad for him and I really hope he gets better soon. Hang in there Mike. I'll be sending thoughts and prayers his way!

Hey guys,
I'm in Renton for training this week. Mike's hospital is actually not that far away from me. I wasn't able to get over there last night as I have no wheels and a very early sim this morning. I'm going to make my best effort to get over there today but i can't make any promises. They won't give me any updates over the phone. I obviously haven't been on here that much because of training so i didn't find out to late yesterday afternoon. I'll either call kristie or martin with an update if i can make it over there.

;) How cool must it be to have been in trouble, recover and then read about your internet buddies caring for you. Really awesome. Thanks for trying Mike.

Glad he's getting 100% attention in the hospital and no less from us at JC.
Truly an impressive group of people we have too.

Back