Moxy and 60 A220s

Honestly cologne or heavily scented deodorant should be outlawed on airplanes.
All confined spaces really.
No need to stink up the cockpit and make my head swell shut. Save that stuff for your Jr. High school dance.

Ok everyone here’s s question,

Moxy calls and wants to hire you as direct entry captain, what pay/benefits would it take to get you there?

More pay than mainline because going to a startup is a risk? Or less pay than mainline because of opportunity to be “initial cadre” and of course, the obvious; mainline ain’t calling you?

Let’s hear some numbers.

I’m thinking 130k and 15 days off a month, good commuter policy, I’d go for it.

But hey down to 11 days off a month and idk probably not worth it

Moxy calls and wants to hire you as direct entry captain, what pay/benefits would it take to get you there?

More pay than mainline because going to a startup is a risk? Or less pay than mainline because of opportunity to be “initial cadre” and of course, the obvious; mainline ain’t calling you?

Let’s hear some numbers.

130 seems awfully low for a 120-140 seater. You're basically talking md80/a319/737-700 ish seats. That's 160 at Allegiant, 190 at Blue&Frontier, 182 at Yellow.
130 is lower than dirtbag ACMI low.

Let’s hear some numbers.

No union, no go.

Let’s hear some numbers.

Spirit +5%, and ALPA.

Also $130k is an insult.

Really good question. But Neeleman apparently isn't too worried about the answer.

Below is a quote from an interview he gave back a while. Notice what he's most concerned about (and it's not pilot supply):

"So what worries you the most?
Getting the planes."

Then I think you have the requisite information to deduce my position on taking a job at a startup as a pilot.

So no airline can start new. Not exactly a capitalistic country then is it? Or you could say that pretty much every airline that has started eventually got ALPA voted in. Except Skywest, they must have something in the water in Utah.

So no airline can start new. Not exactly a capitalistic country then is it? Or you could say that pretty much every airline that has started eventually got ALPA voted in. Except Skywest, they must have something in the water in Utah.

Where did I say the government should stop them from starting up? I just said taking that job is idiotic. Especially in the current hiring environment.

P.S. Companies can voluntarily certify a union right off the bat with their initial cadre.

Where did I say the government should stop them from starting up? I just said taking that job is idiotic. Especially in the current hiring environment.

P.S. Companies can voluntarily certify a union right off the bat with their initial cadre.
If I were running a startup I'd almost encourage it. Motivated labor peace and codeterminism, plus a real, established safety infrastructure, versus pissing everyone off post-IPO and dragging it out.

Hey, @Cherokee_Cruiser - does THAT pattern sound familiar?

Then I think you have the requisite information to deduce my position on taking a job at a startup as a pilot.
It's a very safe, conservative play not to, for sure.

Still, though, all operations start somewhere, and it's a very speculative play to take the job. I won't look down on someone who does, as long as their pay and compensation are within a reasonable distance of the industry/segment standard, and it may well work out great.

Or it won't, but hey.

If I was still at my regional I'd give it serious thought.

It would be a highly speculative and almost reckless play to go to a startup right now given the hiring environment. If this was the mid-oughts, then that's another story, but we're not in the mid-oughts right now.

Back