Mountain Air Cargo

Baselegbob1

Mountain Air Cargo Hiring

Mountain Air Cargo is hiring FO's and Street Captains for multiple bases in the FedEx system!

MEM ATL MOT
IND BUF
MIA CLT
SYR

These are salary based positions with opportunities to earn additional money.

ATR first officers start at $38,000
ATR captains start at $57,000

Two types of position:
Floater... Pilots either fly a local run, float out to a FedEx plane base, or sit reserve.
Based... pilots fly the local run

Floater ATR PIC fly 3 weeks then get a paid week off. This equates to about 13 weeks per year.
Floater ATR SIC fly 5 weeks then get a paid week off. This equates to about 7 weeks per year.
Based ATR PIC fly 3 weeks then get paid week off.
Based ATR SIC fly 5 weeks then get a paid week off.

Soft money description
*If you work your PTO it's at 200% pay. (this applies for PIC or SIC positions)
*If you are on duty (traveling to airplane or operating) on a Sat or Sun 125% pay
*Per Diem $35.00/day.

Most of our runs are 4 day out and backs. There are a few 5 day runs that cover FedEx Saturday AM delivery schedule.
You leave Sunday evening or Monday morning and are typically back home by Friday afternoon.

Travel is positive space paid for by the company.
Hotels are paid for by the company.
Rental cars are paid for by the company.

SYR, BUF, and MOT
offer a $20,000/year recurring bonus

Example:

MOT ATR FO

Salary $38,000
Bonus $20,000

Possible Soft Money for working PTO's $14,000

Estimated total Pay working PTO's before tax $72,000

MOT ATR PIC
Salary $57,000
Bonus $20,000

Possible Soft Money for working PTO's $20,000

Estimated total Pay working PTO's before tax $97,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you give an example for Caravan Pilots floater/base.

Here is a link to the C208 Positions currently available at Mountain Air Cargo and CSA (our sister company)

http://www.jobs.net/jobs/airtinc/en-us/search/?keyword=c208&location=

As a floater, you can be used wherever we need you. We commercially fly them out typically Monday morning to wherever we need them, they do their run at that location all week, and then are typically commercially flown back Friday afternoon/evening.

Based pilots will fly their career run for the week consistently.

Most of the runs are M-F, but some go into Saturday morning. Their schedule is 4 weeks on and 1 week off.

The pay is $42,000 base but when we checked before there are people making around $52,000 that work their weeks off frequently.

Training is world class at Flight Safety Institute in Wichita KS.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you need any more information

If you are a Floater, can you live anywhere in the country or primarily at one of the bases?

Are you saying the starting pay is $42,000 for floaters, but only $38,000 if you are assigned to a specific base? Just trying to understand where the $42,000 came from.

I don't think they will go for that. Its a pretty plush schedule as it is.

... first year ATR FO work 5 weeks on 1 week off & 2 weeks vacation = 10.6 weeks off/year
... first year ATR Captain work 3 weeks on 1 week off & 2 weeks vacation = 15 weeks off/year
... first year C208 Captain work 4 weeks on 1 week off & 2 weeks vacation = 12.4 weeks off/year

Holy Guacamole...the Mtn. has finally come to the realization that its employees need to get paid. Good for them. I enjoyed my time there. Great company. Great mtx. And now they pay a livable wage!

Hello Base Leg,

Thanks for the info.I was wondering about MAC, I am retired corp pilot, Last 20 years flying in Saudi Arabia in Helos. I am looking to fly but want to be in CLT F/O is ok with me. If you are a based pilot do you do your run and return home each day? Pay is not my concern, just easygoing work place and some flying out of CLT.

Thanks

Hello Base Leg,

Thanks for the info.I was wondering about MAC, I am retired corp pilot, Last 20 years flying in Saudi Arabia in Helos. I am looking to fly but want to be in CLT F/O is ok with me. If you are a based pilot do you do your run and return home each day? Pay is not my concern, just easygoing work place and some flying out of CLT.

Thanks

If you are a based pilot, yes, you do the run and return home every day. Most of the based positions (on the Caravan at least), you fly from an outstation to the hub at night, spend the night in a hotel, and return home early the next morning. Rinse and repeat 5-6 days per week (some runs require flying Saturday morning).

There are no based pilots or runs in CLT. We have several floater pilots that live in CLT though. The nearest base to you would probably be GSO.

So just to get this straight, you get to go home at every night? Or do you stay out for the whole 4 days it out? Looking into the floater position in MIA

Not at MAC yet, but I'm sure as a floater you are away from home during the 4 days. You are home in MIA on weekends and during your week PTO.

I gave CSA a call, for anyone curious here is what I learned.

C208 captains can be floaters or line-holders
Line-holders generally leave the small city Monday night, overnight in the big city, fly back in the morning. Week ends in the small city Saturday morning and begins again Monday evening.

Training is in Iron Mountain, MI for 1 week, then Wichita for 1 week, then IOE for roughly 2 weeks, YMMV.
Base salary $45k plus per diem. 9 weeks PTO.

That is a lot of PTO. Does that seem like a lot of PTO to anyone else?

Every 5th week is off at Mountain as a Caravan captain. I haven't done the math on how many weeks that works out to be.

Back