Motivational Literature For Student Pilots

ISUCollegePilot

I recently helped a 18 yr old student pilot who was feeling depressed cause he was having a hard time understanding some material. After done explaining I gave him some motivational literature to strive by in our daily lives.

~ TODAY'S PREPARATION DETERMINES TOMORROW'S ACHIEVEMENT.

~ IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, YOU'RE ALREADY A WINNER.

~ BECAUSE I SEE MYSELF AS A WINNER .... I WILL BE.

~ I'LL TELL YOU TOMORROW WHY THE THINGS I PLANNED YESTERDAY DIDN'T GET DONE TODAY.

~ REAL WINNERS ARE ORDINARY PEOPLE WITH EXTRAORDINARY DETERMINATION.

He called me back that night and thanked me. Any CFI's who have a student who might be having a little trouble, a real way to boost their self-esteem and confidence is by sharing some motivation literature with the student.

Fly Safe!

You mean that telling them that "If they don't get their act together, they'll end up living in a van down by the river!", isn't motivational enough?

wink.gif

Dave

[ QUOTE ]

~ I'LL TELL YOU TOMORROW WHY THE THINGS I PLANNED YESTERDAY DIDN'T GET DONE TODAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sums up my lifestyle
laugh.gif

Hey Dave, that was good, I did LOL.

There's a million motivational little sayings, most are are good, some are are too cute and ... well, here's two of my favorites. The first was a quote by George Clooney that I read on the cover of Parade mag, he said " the only failure is not to try" That was a good one for me.
The other one was said by Capt. Kirk in an elevator in Star Trek The Motion Picture and his little quib was " we learn by doing".
Neither quote are the greatest, but they worked for what I lacked and or needed.
I suppose their value is when and how you use them.

When things get rough I like to remember 2 sayings by Super Chicken and Michael Jordan......"You knew the job was dangerous before you took it" - Super Chicken
"People rememeber me for all the shots and points I made, but forget the 9,000+ shots I missed" - Michael Jordan

How about these from my granddad:

"What one dumb fool can do the next one can" (applies to almost anything)
"If you are going to do something, be the best at it"

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs,even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.Teddy Roosevlet

[ QUOTE ]
My Granddad was fond of:

"You know how you are" and

"You kids ain't no count."

Words of wisdom.

[/ QUOTE ]

You kids aint no count???

Yup.

His commentary on "kids today" = "you kids ain't no count."

OOOOOOLD school Southern! Sixth grade education and all.

Hey, ready.....EVERYBODY uses "no count" as a description for EVERYTHING up here in Tenn!! It took me a while to get used to it, but even now I say it from time to time. Examples of common conversations using "count" in them :

Me : "Those grits any count?"
Response: "Naw, they ain't none"

or...

Me : "We went and ate at that new mexican restaurant last night."

Response : "Was it any count?"

Really, the most universal phrase I've picked up since I've been here.....second only to "A Piece"

"Just drive down the road a piece...."

hmmmmm

Yepper! That's where my grandad lived (and where I was born) = TN! (although he was born and raised in South Carolina)

I love TN!!... and the people. Can't beat`em with a stick!

And I have asked that same question MANY times "are the grits any count?"
grin.gif

MMMM-MM!! Loves me some GRITS!! Biscuits and gravey too.... but... I'm hijackin' this thread... so, I'll bug out now.

wink.gif

R2F

HA... that's strange. Ive got probably 10 generations of Georgia in me and Ive never heard that before. Now "a piece" I have heard, along with "fixin to" and "yun to?" I may be guilty of saying those myself occasionally
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can't beat`em with a stick!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, actually, you could - it'd just take a whole lot of time to get everyone and it'd just be "a piece" illegal.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
"People rememeber me for all the shots and points I made, but forget the 9,000+ shots I missed" - Michael Jordan

[/ QUOTE ]

I also heard that Babe Ruth not only had the most home runs; he also had the most strike outs. If you only looked at his strike outs, you would have thought that he wasn't no count.
grin.gif

Can't beat a quote from Super Chicken!

I got a better one for you:

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.

The guy saying that might know a thing or two about scoring, and not just on the ice. It's from Gretkzy.

Back