More pictures from the Asiana Accident

esyze5e8.jpg

I'm shocked that N93117 is blocked from tracking! Shocked.

Hmm. In a small airplane, I tend to break overhead the numbers and descend with continuous constant power reduction and a continuous constant 360 turn to the threshold. Over the fence, power has gone to idle, I'm easing the stick back to stall+10. Over the threshold and centerline I start to bring my wings level and squeeze back on the stick 'til the wheels come down so nice and sweet. Am I doing it wrong? 'Cause last night on the visual, I did the same thing in the Lear.
:eek2:

If you break over the approach end numbers depending on your TPA, you may not even need a constant power reduction; you could go to idle if you wanted and still make the same overhead work to touchdown.

If you ever want to go to bed mad, look at what we pay pilots in the US compared to what they're paid at Air France, Lufthansa and, yes, Asiana.

You cost too much. If they could, they'd outsource your job to Mexico, India, Pakistan, etc.

But don't worry, when cabotage laws get repealed in the coming years, you'll be able to fly such lines as Iran Air domestically here, DFW to PHX and many other destinations. :)

One of my captains made the mistake of asking the age and earning of a LH 747 captain.

He really, REALLY didn't like the answer and bitched about it for days afterward.

I think we could benefit from realizing how much we 'rolled the clocks back' after 9/11.
Oh yes, tell me more.
2359577.jpg

(not picking on any specific DCI carrier)

Several years back they did a study about turning RHV into housing. The board concluded the resulting crime from the projected residents, given the current housing around the airport, would far more likely result in death and property damage than a plane crash. My primary CFI showed me a link back in 07, I'll try and find it.

If you ever want to go to bed mad, look at what we pay pilots in the US compared to what they're paid at Air France, Lufthansa and, yes, Asiana.
When I taught Asian students we had our little introduction session with the class where they all gave their name and talked a little bit about what made them want to pursue flying. I thought "This is cool... they're from half a world a way and barely speak English but they're listing all the same reasons that most of us have." Then every one of them finished with "...That, and the salary is very good." and I got depressed.

Back