More pictures from the Asiana Accident

I totally agree with your observation of same accident / different day. However, I might propose an alternative conclusion.
This points DIRECTLY at a bunch of box-checking, know-nothing, money-grubbing shoeheels who lack the ability or desire to train, and more profoundly, lack the ability or desire to discern, and therefore, pay a quality pilot.

Look how much the Air France and Asiana pilots are paid and how the job is looked at there. It's much different than Colgan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ever want to go to bed mad, look at what we pay pilots in the US compared to what they're paid at Air France, Lufthansa and, yes, Asiana.

One of my captains made the mistake of asking the age and earning of a LH 747 captain.

He really, REALLY didn't like the answer and bitched about it for days afterward.

I think we could benefit from realizing how much we 'rolled the clocks back' after 9/11.

One of my captains made the mistake of asking the age and earning of a LH 747 captain.

He really, REALLY didn't like the answer and bitched about it for days afterward.

I think we could benefit from realizing how much we 'rolled the clocks back' after 9/11.

But they're.... German.
Gezundheit!

The shape this aircraft is in after it cart-wheeled is a testament to how well its built... I don't think the 787 or 380 would hold up nearly as well

Hmm. In a small airplane, I tend to break overhead the numbers and descend with continuous constant power reduction and a continuous constant 360 turn to the threshold. Over the fence, power has gone to idle, I'm easing the stick back to stall+10. Over the threshold and centerline I start to bring my wings level and squeeze back on the stick 'til the wheels come down so nice and sweet. Am I doing it wrong? 'Cause last night on the visual, I did the same thing in the Lear.
:eek2:
That's how Seggy does it, I do it a little different.

I totally agree with your observation of same accident / different day. However, I might propose an alternative conclusion.
This points DIRECTLY at a bunch of box-checking, know-nothing, money-grubbing shoeheels who lack the ability or desire to train, and more profoundly, lack the ability or desire to discern, and therefore, pay a quality pilot.

I have met some students training for certain airlines around the world. What is interesting is that some are in flight training for no reason other than money and seems like they could care less about the piloting part. While I understand the money part, there is a little voice in the back of my head saying something's not right. These individuals are extremely bright, however, the lack of desire to train and be a proficient pilot could certainly be there. I'm too green to really make any judgment but it's interesting.

Last edited:
The last generation of dudes n' chicks who fly airplanes because they're suckers who buy in to Romance etc is hitting the regionals round about now. From here on out you're going to get people who weren't talented enough to become a plumber, but were too ambitious to dig ditches. Welcome to Costco Airlines, I love you.

I have met some students training for certain airlines around the world. What is interesting is that some are in flight training for no reason other than money and seems like they could care less about the piloting part. While I understand the money part, there is a little voice in the back of my head saying something's not right. These individuals are extremely bright, however, the lack of desire to train and be a proficient pilot could certainly be there. I'm too green to really make any judgment but it's interesting.
Every pilot I've ever met like that(aka "I'm just investing on my future job as Justin Beibers G-IV pilot/fluffer so I can make bank and work twice a month") has been a total tool bag I would never want to share a cockpit with.

The last generation of dudes n' chicks who fly airplanes because they're suckers who buy in to Romance etc is hitting the regionals round about now. From here on out you're going to get people who weren't talented enough to become a plumber, but were too ambitious to dig ditches. Welcome to Costco Airlines, I love you.

I say son, I'm certain you mean Walmart Airlines.

I say son, I'm certain you mean Walmart Airlines.
esyze5e8.jpg

Back