minimum age thing

You know what... you're right. I won't knock you for earning a degree you have yet to earn.. It is a great accomplishment no matter the major.

As far as the price.... I did research it...embry riddle costs about that much.

Finally, as a University of Wyoming grad...and you being from Colorado...Please tell me you are not a CSU fan...

Embry Riddle is for kids and their rich parents. Metro just started at CTI program this semester and is recognized by the FAA.

And no not really. I'm a bronco fan! broncos 39 : San Diego 38. Most Ballsy call I have seen in the NFL in awhile.

sorry guys i just like kicking the ant bed somtimes, wont do it again.

I have seen your previous posts where you were saying that you were trying to pick a location based on how "hot the bar chicks" were and how many "chicks" vacation there. No exactly the picture of maturity and responsibility yet either, huh?

I have seen your previous posts where you were saying that you were trying to pick a location based on how "hot the bar chicks" were and how many "chicks" vacation there. No exactly the picture of maturity and responsibility yet either, huh?

Actually, it is practical. If you are a shallow young man and only concerned with how hot your arm candy is, then you probably don't want a back water tower like Stockton or Grand Canyon or Fairbanks (I think there is a tower there).

Well buddy dont say just cause i dont wanna be in a serious relationship im immature, i just got out of one of those, not as much fun as you might think, especially at the end. Just cause im not looking to settle down as you put it dosent make me shallow, in all fairness i put allot into serious relationships and came out with nothing. So i understand societies rold for me in this life and i will get married and all of that kak in due time, bit i dont need you telling me when that time is or that im immature or shallow because that time is not now for me. As far as dating goes well, thats up to each individual person to decide, and it really just comes down to what stage of life you are in. Furthermore drinking is not a sign of immaturity when done right, and if i undestand correctly it is somthing done by a majority of air traffic controllers.

Hey Bro I'm with you honestly, my relationship just shredded and I am not afraid to admit I will be spending time in the bars looking for my next victim, I mean beautiful young girlfriend.

I think most people are morons most of the time.
This makes me the most qualified person to walk the face of the earth. Now I think I am ready to single handedly work all air traffic located over the continental United States at any given time.

BOOM.

That was the sound of my head exploding as I read the greatest post of all time. Discussion's over, K-Dog wins. Lock the thread.

...no, really, lock the thread. I don't think this is going anywhere positive.

Na its all good there is no right answer to this question, the only thing that matters in the end is that we get hired. Not trying to make enemies, in fact i think this is healthy cause at least well all know what not to talk about when we get to OKC.

Just curious...you obviously didn't like me saying that chasing bar flies and choosing where to live based on how many hot chicks lived there was immature, so what do you consider immature? In your first posts you indicated someone under 21 is not responsible based on the fact that they will be "experimenting". What is it you think they will be experimenting with that makes them so much less qualified than you?

Also, I never said that you should settle down. Re-read my post and you will see that I actually said nothing derrogatory. I merely pointed out that perhaps you still had a little "experimenting" left to do as well.

Well buddy dont say just cause i dont wanna be in a serious relationship im immature,

Well buddy dont say just cause i'm 17 i'm immature....:banghead::banghead:

Comon man, this thread is like kids on the playground talking about how they dont think black kids are as capable as white kids, and then that it's healthy, since it's just conversation and we should be free to speak our minds yada yada...

Your first few posts, and you're pretty trollish. To just come on here and make blanket statements about people you dont know, and expect us to agree is just ridiculous...

Re: minimum age thing, cause it can be called flame war,

no one post on this dumb thread. Let's just let it die. The OP clearly has to much time. And I'm not upset cause I'm under 21. Im 25. I'm pissed cause I come on here for information and I don't wanna hear about your stupid opinions!!!!

[modhat]By all means, if it's an inappropriate post, use the "report post" button. Otherwise, if we need to get a few thousand opinions on if a thread (on the internet!) is worth posting, then we're just going to degenerate into a thousand polls and guys going ":banghead:" all the time, no? :)[/modhat]

No hes right i really do have too much time, I really hope i get hired soon.

I will keep my fingers crossed that I don't end up working at the same center as you.

this thread in and of itself is immature. let's not pretend that anyone is more or less mature within the confines of this site.

See you in the field...

I will keep my fingers crossed that I don't end up working at the same center as you.

this thread in and of itself is immature. let's not pretend that anyone is more or less mature within the confines of this site.

See you in the field...

wow Narayan, you know this thread sucks if Raydon thinks is bad. i cant believe the moderators are letting this thread stay active.

I'm going to ignore the bickering and just post my thoughts: I was an 18 year old air traffic controller in the military. Well, I was 18 when I started the training and 19 when I graduated from the school house.

Although I haven't gone through OKC yet, I'm going to assume that the school house there is not as tough as the school house I went to in AL simply because you ONLY have to focus on ATC stuff in OKC. In the military you have to study for the ATC stuff as well as do all the basic soldiering training, PT, dealing with drill sergeants, etc. OKC is not going to be nearly as stressful in that regard but at the same time you have to have some sort of discipline to keep your head in the books while going through the school in order to pass. It is not one of those courses where you can just soak up the information in the class and party the rest of the time. You *will* fail.

That said, if an 18-21 year old person goes to the school, studies his/her ass off and passes the school house I'd make the assumption that they *are* mature enough to handle the job.

I really honestly think you should have to be at least 21 for this job, in my opinion 18-20 year olds are for the most part immature and busy experimenting doing all the crap they couldnt do when they lived home with mom and dad. I honestly dont think most people start to mature up till they hit 21. Comments?

I don't think you can really go with 21 as an age limit. I have seen quite a few 22 or 23 year olds come right out of college, get a little money in thier pockets and proceed to screw up thier lives by getting in debt or focusing on thier social lives rather than thier careers. Should the minumum age be 25 to weed these people out?

It's not black and white and you are rolling the dice hiring anyone who has not demonstrated the ability to handle the responsibilities of working a full time job which pays a decent salary. There are going to be 18-25 year olds with no work experience that can handle the situation and there will be some that can't. You can't point to one age and say "at XX years old, people are mature enough to hand the responsibilities of being an ATC".

If I was running the FAA and looking at investing a couple hundred thousand dollars on training someone for this position, I would require a 4 year degree and at least 2 years of work experience or a 2 year degree and 4 years of work experience. Unfortunately that would put a sizable dent in the number of applicants so that will never happen.

Before anyone misconstrues what I am saying, let me make it clear I am completely okay with the 18 years old age limit. I admit I wouldn't have been able to handle it at 18 but I know there are a lot of people that can and will be able to.

Back