minimum age thing

And besides, what type of constraint does the FAA want?

They have a capped age of 31....

It's not like they're giving a whole lot of freedom for the age to be mature. They want a warm body, and a mind they can sculpt to the way of controlling.

What type of job would even expect it's applicants to be only from the age of 25-31.

Off of your theory, a 25 is even more responsible than a 21 year old, right? Why not put the age 25? And keep it between 31?

I think what the faa is looking for is someone who will accept the pay cuts, which i think includes all of us. In some ways this forced contract is a bad thing, i mean when i first thought of getting into this field it was after watching pushing tin. I thought i was gonna be wearing jeans and a hoodie to work, and having a three way with cate blanchett and angelina jolie.

I think what the faa is looking for is someone who will accept the pay cuts, which i think includes all of us. In some ways this forced contract is a bad thing

its_a_conspiracy.jpg

What a loaded topic.

When I was 18-20 I know I definitely could have made my resume work, to meet the requirements. I also know I would have thought I was mature enough to handle it, and would have got pissed off if someone told me I wasn't.

LOOKING BACK - in no way was I mature enough. When you grow up a few years you will look back at yourself - and you will just know... You can have all the experience in the world but you just get more mature with age. You can't really argue this, yet... you just don't know how mature or immature you are until you grow a little older.

Hell, even most major airlines have a requirement that you are 21 to be a flight attendant and that job doesnt have the responsibility of an ATC.

There is no solutiion, the FAA is probably not going to implement an age requirement so everyone under 21 can just relax a little bit. Since everyone is throwing their $0.02 in... I will also... I just think it's too young. But hey I'm not the one making the decisions so its my opinion and just that.... :)

(hudson's entire post)

applause.jpg

thank you!

(I realize my own tendency to lavish the limelight so I put my response in parenthesis as to simply work off of what hudson said..
Thank you for your contribution. Life in the real world has been a little too tumultuous at this particular juncture for me to have put forth the energy to properly ascertain and delineate the relevant arguments to provide an opinion in an otherwise neutral fashion that addresses the REAL issue at hand here.. be it important or not..

which is still (as many have already said) that this thread is BS and perceptions will forever be individual.

Come on.. do you guys want to chuck planes or what????

i think we all know the answer to that...)

thank you hudson!

Back