Mesaba/Colgan LGA flying

3enginejock

Memo posted earlier today.
May 23, 2011 Fellow Mesaba and Colgan employees: This morning, US Airways and Delta announced an agreement to exchange a significant amount of takeoff and landing slots at New York’s LaGuardia and Washington’s Reagan National airports. Under this agreement, US Airways will transfer 132 LGA slot pairs to Delta and US Airways will receive 42 of Delta’s roundtrip flight slots at DCA. As a result, US Airways plans to reduce the number of Express flights from LGA in order to make their operation at that airport more economically viable. If approved, today’s decision will result in the discontinuation of most Express routes to and from LaGuardia Airport, including all of the flights we currently operate as an Express carrier. We expect regulatory approval to take up to 18 months to implement, and US Airways does not expect to begin the transition before next year. US Airways has committed to working with leaders from both Mesaba and Pinnacle Airlines Corp. in order to explore other options for the affected aircraft, and we are committed to pursuing flight opportunities with other airlines as well. As the transition period draws closer, we will work with each of our affected employees regarding their options, which will consist of opportunities throughout the Pinnacle Airlines Corp. network, including Pinnacle’s JFK operation and Colgan’s EWR operation. Last December, when we agreed to begin flying as a US Airways Express carrier, we saw it as an important opportunity for Mesaba to expand its service offerings and to continue building towards a strong future for our airline and its employees. Today’s announcement is certainly a setback; however, the leadership team at both Mesaba and Pinnacle Airlines Corp. are fully committed to finding new opportunities for our employees and ensuring that our airline prospers. In the meantime, we ask you to focus on what you have been doing – running a safe, reliable operation – and to continue taking care of all of our customers. Sincerely, John Spanjers President, Mesaba Airlines

That is something most people saw coming since the day the flying was given to Mesaba. Anyone know how many crews are based in LGA?

this might not be the worst news, this is going to lead to significant growth for the jet side of the operation in JFK/LGA. There is going to be a lot of shifting going on .

this might not be the worst news, this is going to lead to significant growth for the jet side of the operation in JFK/LGA. There is going to be a lot of shifting going on .

Well.....it's not like they can displace me to JFK again. :)

Love it! I'm getting hired with a June 6th class date for Saab LGA. Not even in class and getting my first taste of the airlines. Hired to be fired. I'm confident though that they'll find flying elsewhere. With the Colgan aquisition, I've heard their short in IAD on the Saab, so probably go there in the next 18 months after they get on one certificate.

Love it! I'm getting hired with a June 6th class date for Saab LGA. Not even in class and getting my first taste of the airlines. Hired to be fired. I'm confident though that they'll find flying elsewhere. With the Colgan aquisition, I've heard their short in IAD on the Saab, so probably go there in the next 18 months after they get on one certificate.

FYI on the 9L side there is not one single reserve only FO for BOS or IAD. All reserve lines were converted to build up lines.

We are running severely short staffed.

FYI on the 9L side there is not one single reserve only FO for BOS or IAD. All reserve lines were converted to build up lines.

We are running severely short staffed.

And I have been home over a week waiting for IOE with not even a peep from company as to when I should expect to start.

Quick question, if I'm in the June 6 class for the Saab into LGA and their 169 FO's short, does that mean I'll be holding a line right away, or still be sitting reserve?

Quick question, if I'm in the June 6 class for the Saab into LGA and their 169 FO's short, does that mean I'll be holding a line right away, or still be sitting reserve?

Probably a decent chance but I wouldnt count on it if it were me.

Back