Mesa to merge with ACA

Giants fan, so you actually are John T?

A Mesa takeover of ACA is bad for pilots. How can you dispute that?

I agree its bad for pilots and I don't see how it would make the companies stronger than if they were seperate.

LOL no I'm not JT
smile.gif

I stay in touch with him though, saw him this morning in fact. he was doing some CFI stuff out at KORL. I'm volunteering at a booth at NBAA.

I left Mesa in October 2000 - he left in March 2001 for Midway.

I'm at another regional and I upgraded to jet captain about a year ago. I am glad I made the switch but sometimes I regret leaving Mesa, because I would have upgraded about 1 year and a half earlier.

Pardon my spanish, but why is this so controversial? What's the dispute about??

Merci beaucoup.

So, Mesa could not get finacing for their aircraft?? and now they want to buy out ACA??? for a 3cts more per share????
I hope the answer from ACA will be
NUCK FO!!!
But then again, they voted yes to the last TA...
Interesting times ahead!

John- why are you even trying to fool everyone with your Giants fan bull sh*t? Do you think we're all stupid?

[ QUOTE ]
John- why are you even trying to fool everyone with your Giants fan bull sh*t? Do you think we're all stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude-Chill...Not brining myself to a conclusion or anything but you'd look like a pretty big idiot if it turned out JT and GiantsFan werent the same person...Take it some-where else if it doesnt have anything to do with the MESA/ACA merger...

I don't care what happens to ACA, but I need their stock to go up about $0.20 and then I can sell it and break even. I don't know what I was smoking when I bought it to begin with.
crazy.gif

Naw, dont say that! I spent 13 weeks working for ACA in Dulles this summer, and I can tell you that it really is a GOOD company with STRONG management. NOBODY would have an easy time in the situation they are in. Just wait it out, ACA will come out on top. Maybe they will merge with Mesa, maybe not, but I know one thing. The second I get a call for an interview, I'm out the door!

That's pretty funny
smile.gif

I should keep you wondering ...

But no really, if you saw us you would see that we look completely different LOL

He's a lot older than me for one thing - I just turned 31!

Would ACA still fly as ACA or would they fly as Mesa or something else? Also where is ACA based out of? where are their hubs? Isn't Mesa's main airports Phoenix, Denver, Charlotte, and Philly?

Sorry to take so long to jump in on this, but I've been on a four day into Canada and access numbers for my ISP were in short supply. When I found one, it was on a very short overnight.

We are collectively very not excited about Mesa's offer. Our management keeps pointing out that this is an unsolicited offer. Our union reps are also pointing out that Mesa and UAL are the only parties that would benefit from the takeover:

UAL because then they wouldn't face us as an LCC through IAD, which apparently terrifies them. Mesa because (a) they would have access to our IAD gates and (b) our airplanes for their UAL contract. From what I've heard, Mesa has thus far been unable to find financing for the aircraft they need.

In spite of JO's claims, there is not one pilot at ACA that wants to work for Mesa (at least none who is willing to admit it). Mesa's new scope may prevent us from meeting the same fate that CCAir pilots did, but we would still be taking approximately 30% pay cuts. A lot of people have indicated to me that if Mesa acquired us, they would make plans to leave ASAP.

A couple of points to ponder here are that Mesa's offer was in the neighborhood of $500 million. I think that it would take much more than that to make the plan work. I think that we have enough cash reserves to put up a good fight.

Secondly, I have heard that our provisions against a hostile takeover are somewhat weak. Tied with the fact that a lot of our shareholders may be speculators who would welcome a quick profit, it looks like the next couple of months will be interesting.

Finally, there have been other rumors floating around as well. The big one is that due to scope issues, Delta will buy the Dojets and crews and give them to Comair. That option is sounding better all the time.

PS Giantsfan, you may not actually be John Tenney, but you two guys are the only people that I have run into who speak highly of Mesa. I welcome you to do a search for my discussion with John comparing pay rates. Mesa was significantly lower.

Well I don't work at Mesa anymore and my friends tell me that things have changed a bit there recently.

I had a great time there and did ok money wise. I was more interested in fast progression than cash anyway. Heck if wanted to be rich we wouldn't be pilots
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Giantsfan, you may not actually be John Tenney, but you two guys are the only people that I have run into who speak highly of Mesa

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the same thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Heck if wanted to be rich we wouldn't be pilots

[/ QUOTE ]

I've stopped dreaming about getting rich. I'd just like to have a real steak with my ramen noodles and mac & cheese once in a while.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, there have been other rumors floating around as well. The big one is that due to scope issues, Delta will buy the Dojets and crews and give them to Comair. That option is sounding better all the time.

[/ QUOTE ] That sounds like a pretty good deal for you. How would your seniority be integrated with Comair?

Back