Mesa TA passes...

Let me get this straight....no pay raises AND a transition to a 12 month bidding system?

I'm not sure what this will do to min. guarantee, but assuming it remained the same, aren't you losing almost a whole month's pay check?

The increase in days off per bidding period for reserve pilots is also a sham of a "benefit" since the number of bidding periods per year has gone from 13 to 12.

Bad times or not, this contract looks like an absolute disgrace. Did actual negotiations take place, or did JO single handedly write this turd of a TA? It's hard to tell.

Things I liked were some of the RR rules (3.9 credit for 8 hours, 4.9 for 10 hours and 5.9 for 12 hours) since that would stop the 20 RR shifts per month around here.

That's what we have now in our current contract though!

I still can't believe it passed.. and how close it was. I thought for sure it would be voted down... Ahhh well, back to the table in 21 months :rolleyes:

What pisses me off the most is that now other management is going to plop our contract on the table in their negotiations. Pattern bargaining my ass!

What pisses me off the most is that now other management is going to plop our contract on the table in their negotiations. Pattern bargaining my ass!

Exactly.

I can't believe this thing passed. I have a buddy who is an FO at freedom and he said that there is no way that this POS TA would go through. I don't know who the hell would have said yes. There is nothing good in there except for the more days off for reserves and that has to be a pretty small percentage of the whole pilot group that actually will benifit from this.

And when they realize how much block or better is gonna cost them, and paying line guarantee....watch how quick they say "Oh, PBS isnt working. Were getting rid of it."

And *poof* there goes every *ahem*decent thing in the contract.....

Sheesh...those payrates make me sad. I would still like to know where this contract would be "industry leading".... maybe China?

I'm sure fear of going out of business was a big motivator to the "yes" voters. Given the poor financial situation of MAG, it's easy to see how the weak could be persuaded, much like what happened at XJT.

Wow....what a shame. How in good conscience could the 51% vote for NO pay raises?!

I did overhear a pretty heated arguement in the ORD crew room a few weeks ago. One lady was of the mindset to try to get something, anything before Mesa folds...but the other guy wanted to get what they wanted, and not just settle...is that what happened here?

And where the hell were the other 24% of pilots?! You would think (hope) that especially now this TA was one of the most important things to come down the pipe...or should have been at least.

I can't believe that 51% actually voted for the company to bend them over......even more! Does the union have any oversight what so ever over PBS or does the company have complete control? Start passing out the "I voted No on TA 08" stickers!:banghead:

Already happening. From the negotiators over here, they were looking at higher than ASA rates as a reality before this TA got passed. Now, we're hoping for ASA rates.

Good news is that I did get a rundown on some of the PBS stuff that was more or less agreed upon for us. COMPLETE overhaul of the reserve and removed for OE system. Some other goodies tossed out there, too.

Already happening. From the negotiators over here, they were looking at higher than ASA rates as a reality before this TA got passed. Now, we're hoping for ASA rates.

Good news is that I did get a rundown on some of the PBS stuff that was more or less agreed upon for us. COMPLETE overhaul of the reserve and removed for OE system. Some other goodies tossed out there, too.

C'mon negotiators.... stand your ground. If the company wants us to be like Mesa in contract we can be like Mesa in every facet of our line operations.... just look at the Freedom PoS's. Mesa is a laughing stock to passengers. Just look at the 2000/2001/2002 stickers for "years best regional".... still pasted on .... just barely but peeling off.

We've had some "turkeys" pass at SouthernJets that I never thought would. Hell, I can't remember ever voting yes on anything besides strike votes.

People that applied, interviewed, and accepted employment at Mesa knew beforehand that the pay sucked, the contract blew, terrible working conditions, ect.

How does the passing of this TA surprise anyone?

People that applied, interviewed, and accepted employment at Mesa knew beforehand that the pay sucked, the contract blew, terrible working conditions, ect.

How does the passing of this TA surprise anyone?

Surprises me b/c I was hoping that the pilots over at Mesa now were willing to take a stand to turn things around. Most of the guys over there weren't there when the last contract was signed. Unfortunately, I guess I was wrong. There's at least a 49% that were willing to stand up, but not enough.

C'mon negotiators.... stand your ground. If the company wants us to be like Mesa in contract we can be like Mesa in every facet of our line operations.... just look at the Freedom PoS's. Mesa is a laughing stock to passengers. Just look at the 2000/2001/2002 stickers for "years best regional".... still pasted on .... just barely but peeling off.

Conference call tonight, so the stuff I heard last night might become widely distributed to the pilot group after tonight. I'm not willing to get into too many details until I know it's cool to get the info out for sure, but some of the stuff I heard I was like "Really? The company said 'yes' to that?" Apparently, our next sticking point is gonna be the signing bonus/retro pay.

Yikes! I know that the MAG pilots can't achieve monumental changes immediately, but guys come on. To the 400 who voted no, sorry it didn't work out.

I'm going to make stickers "The Mesa 400" in the same style as 300 the movie.

THIS IS MESA!!!!!!!!

300-movie-wb34.jpg

Back