Mesa TA passes...

By the way, in case anyone is curious I believe the ALPA analysis is that our contract is 30% below industry standard. :(

We're only above such operations as Lynx (Q400 for about the same pay as a 200), Great Lakes and CommutAir.

What makes me gag the most is that the COO is like 'Why is our service only acceptable? Why are we mediocre?' Umm... yeah. Well, perhaps it could be that you treat your labor force like crap and you pay us the minimum amount possible so while we have a duty to be professional in the transportation of passengers and goods sense you are not really paying me enough to 1) Be extra cheery on my PA announcements 2) Go out of my way to make sure a flight departs on time. (Sorry, I may be already at the airport but it's going to take me an hour and a half to get to the gate, because thats what I'm allowed in the CBA.). 3) I don't even understand how our flight attendants are supposed to be cheery and happy when they make even less than I do, which I didn't even know was possible.

Management KNOWS this. This has been their business model for a decade almost now, and they are wondering why we get low customer satisfaction scores? It's kind of hard to put on a cheery face when you're worried about paying rent or buying food! Only now are they starting to get concerned because there appears to be a surplus of regional operators now that the majors have started to draw back some contract feed. Our customers (US Airways, United, Delta) are more able to discriminate based not only on price but on whether they want their brand name associated with a group of battered wives that encompass the Mesa pilot and flight attendant groups.

Too bad they didn't have ALPA to help negotiate and secure a better contract.

Errrr...uhhhhh...

:bandit:

You mean "Too bad their local MEC sold 'em out." Trust me, if they had Teamsters with the same people at the helm, the result would have been the same.

What I wonder is this.......now that some of these changes have been approved--will the company file BK in Q1 of '09 in order to throw out all the new rules anyway?

What I wonder is this.......now that some of these changes have been approved--will the company file BK in Q1 of '09 in order to throw out all the new rules anyway?

They could pretty much say "Eh, PBS is gonna cost too much" anytime before Jan 1st 2011 and throw out most of the new rules anyway.

They could pretty much say "Eh, PBS is gonna cost too much" anytime before Jan 1st 2011 and throw out most of the new rules anyway.
Yes, but you'll notice that none of the concesssions are tied to PBS so they would stay. Oh wait, there are no concessions in this contract -- the MEC said so!

If either side drops PBS, I think we're in a worse off situation than we are with the current contract. One of the reasons I voted NO.

IMO tying the gains into the PBS system is giving the company WAAAY too much power to say "Well, we can't afford this, so we're killing it and you're stuck with the contract."

Who's to say JO won't cancel PBS on 1/2/2009 and say "HA! SUCKERS!"

Exactly. Then what did we get? NOTHING. We LOST all that time 'negotiating', and are left with an even worse contract. Yippee.

Oh well, nothing we can do now but wait and see...

Back