Mesa TA passes...

So roughly 800 voted out of the 1300-1400. . .what were the other 500 to 600 pilots doing?

Props to those who at least voted. I'm just constantly amazed at the amount of passiveness among the profession. Very frightening.

I will no longer defend the MAG pilots. This thing NEVER should have passed, and it's an absolute shame that only 76% voted.

So roughly 800 voted out of the 1300-1400. . .what were the other 500 to 600 pilots doing?

Props to those who at least voted. I'm just constantly amazed at the amount of passiveness among the profession. Very frightening.

It's the American way. There was actually more turnout for this then there was for the 2008 election: 67%, which is more than in previous years...

What a shame. An absolute shame.

(Just to be clear - not at the TA - I don't give a #### - but just at the fact that so many are so willing to be disconnected from their professional interests that they can't take the damn time to vote for a damn TA, that they will have to work under)

It was damn close.. if 10 people switched their votes from yes to no, it would not have passed.. crazy.

Off the top of my head:

-PBS (everything 'beneficial' has a clause stating that if PBS is dropped, the 'beneficial' stuff goes away too)

-Transition to a 12 month bidding system (with PBS), right now we do a 13 bid/yr system.

-Increase of days off for reserve pilots (8 per 28 now, 11 per calendar month with TA)

-Scheduled or actual pay

-Line guarantee

-2% raise for FO's on Jan 1 2010. No other raises, AT ALL.

Eh. I voted no. I don't see our management using PBS in a manner which the pilots will be happy with. Yeah, it's a bad time to be negotiating a new contract, but even still..

Off the top of my head:

-PBS (everything 'beneficial' has a clause stating that if PBS is dropped, the 'beneficial' stuff goes away too)

-Transition to a 12 month bidding system (with PBS), right now we do a 13 bid/yr system.

-Increase of days off for reserve pilots (8 per 28 now, 11 per calendar month with TA)

-Scheduled or actual pay

-Line guarantee

Eh. I voted no. I don't see our management using PBS in a manner which the pilots will be happy with. Yeah, it's a bad time to be negotiating a new contract, but even still..

Is this same TA the one where you would also have to report for duty two hours prior to departure? :eek:

WOW, and it still passed? I hope pinnacle pilots shoot down any TA that has NO pay raises!!

I will vote no that doesn't have 1st year pay at $29/hr, and second year at $42. I want to match Horizon pay rates. That's getting up to "ok" regional pay.

Is this same TA the one where you would also have to report for duty two hours prior to departure? :eek:

You have to "check in" electronically (go online and see if there are any changes to your schedule) between 24 and 2 hours prior to your departure time or your trip may be assigned to reserve. You have to report 45 min prior to departure. What I am curious about is if checking in would necessitate dutying on, probably not though.

This is a paycut contract, there are no raises period. Between 2003 and 2008 there has been inflation of 18% therefore with a 2% "raise" we are merely losing 16% of our buying power as FOs and captains are losing the full 18%.

You have to "check in" electronically (go online and see if there are any changes to your schedule) between 24 and 2 hours prior to your departure time or your trip may be assigned to reserve. You have to report 45 min prior to departure. What I am curious about is if checking in would necessitate dutying on, probably not though.

CAL has a thing where you enter CHK (to check in) in a box next to your trip in the computer system. In my Dads situation all it really means is "I know I have a trip tomorrow". They will start trying to contact the pilot if he has not checked in within something like 6 hours prior to show. Of course flying international for a legacy there are very few schedule changes and the like that could go on at a regional.

Well, I just read the thing (in the crew room in MEM, so I'm sure some major rumors are about to start flying at 9E :) ), and it's got some decent stuff in there. There's also a HUGE amount of screw job loopholes. I can tell ya right now, having 2 union guys as oversight for PBS does NOT prevent the company for using it however it sees fit. Assigning training before your bid line also helps the company out, not the pilots.

Things I liked were some of the RR rules (3.9 credit for 8 hours, 4.9 for 10 hours and 5.9 for 12 hours) since that would stop the 20 RR shifts per month around here. The line guarantee is nice, but if management decides that PBS isn't working out for them...that goes away. Automated drop/swap is nice, though. Wish we had that here. 11 days off minimum is a concession, IMO. Granted it's up from 8. The pay is hideous. That's all I'm gonna say about the pay. Per diem is 10 cents less than what we get now here, but tying into the CPI is a good idea.

Back