Mesa Open House

970Flyer

I got this email today and thought I would pass it along to anyone who may be interested. It would kind of be like going to work on the Titanic, but who knows..

MESA AIR GROUP IS HIRING!

Mesa Air Group will be hosting two open house roadshows in August. We are seeking First Officers for our CRJ and DHC equipment.
First Show:
Time: Friday August 1, 2008 10:00 AM
5615 North Cumberland Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Phone: 773-693-5800
Second Show:
Time: Tuesday August 19, 2008 10:00 AM
6290 Tower Rd
Denver, CO 80249
Phone: 303-371-0200

All qualified applicants will be given the opportunity to interview.
Please bring the following items with you:
Current Resume
All Log Books (you must bring all endorsements & original log books. No computerized log books.) All checkrides MUST be flagged. Please include a separate sheet of paper with total flight times for the previous 30, 60, and 90 days.
Original Driving Records from the states in which you've lived, or been licensed, for at least the previous five years.

Please bring a copy and the original of the following items:
Driver’s License
Driving Records
Pilot License(s)
First Class Medical Certificate
Current Passport
FCC License (FCC 605-FRC)
Permanent Resident Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
All of the above are required for employment. Failure to bring all requested materials could result in denial of an interview. You must also review and update all information on your application through www.airlineapps.com. Please bring a copy of your application with you.
Please be advised that you will be given a 50 question ATP written test, which must be successfully passed with an 80% or greater score. If you do not meet the passing score you will not be allowed to continue with the interview process. You will be able to re-apply 6 months after the interview date.
Please meet at the above time and place and you will be informed after the orientation as to the time of your interview. Interviews are scheduled throughout the course of the afternoon, so please be prepared to spend the day with us.
For more information regarding Mesa Air Group, please visit www.mesa-air.com.
If you have any questions you can e-mail mesa.pilot@airlineapps.com.

Going to Mesa would be a gamble that would pay handsomley if they keep the Delta Contract. The odds are not in your favor though.

Going to Mesa would be a gamble that would pay handsomley if they keep the Delta Contract. The odds are not in your favor though.

Yes 8 day's off, 13 bid periods, worst pay, no block or better, no commuter clause(don't need it with 8 days off), reserve IAD, ORD. Yes it's going to pay handsomely. Unless you're just about broke thinking of sleeping in the streets I wouldn't go there, it should be your last option. Why do you think they're having these open houses.

Go through training, sit reserve for a few weeks, then end up furloughed from another airline.

At least I'd get another sweet SIC TR on my license! :sarcasm:

Interestingly enough, I've been at Mesa for a year now and have held a pretty good line outta IAD for all but 2 months of my time there. I've been junior assigned once out of that entire year and I welcomed the extra flight time and pay. I live in PHX and really don't have a problem commuting back and forth. I've heard the negativity about Mesa many times from many people before I started and was a little afraid, but the truth of the matter is that people are leaving so quickly (or did leave quickly over the past year), that I moved up quickly enough to not really get jacked with.

IMHO, I personally feel that Mesa is positioning themselves to come out on top of the regional dogpilot in these tough times. If Mesa files BK, my thought is that they will use their protection to restructure the company away from the 50 seat business and focus more on what the majors need... 70 - 90 seat carriers. Again, this is nothing more than my personal observations and opinions

I received my WARN notice a few months ago and was a bit concerned, but I still have a job and am still getting a reasonable paycheck and still building that valuable jet time. My QOL and pay isn't much different than a buddy who started with Xjets the same time I started Mesa... and he's going to be on the street in another 2 months.

It's not the best place to work, but so far it's doesnt appear any worse than any of the other regionals, except perhaps Skywest.

So, if you chose to apply at Mesa, take all of the advice you hear on these forums with a grain of salt. The other option these days is to not be working at all!

My QOL and pay isn't much different than a buddy who started with Xjets the same time I started Mesa

I know you already know this, but 8 days off a month is a big difference between MESA and alot of regional carriers. You are working an additional 3 days a month for the same money as everyone else.

It sounds like you enjoy it, so good for you. But I'd rather be unemployed than help bring the industry down by accepting substandard work rules that MESA offers. Maybe if people stop going to places like MESA other good carriers like XJT wouldn't be losing flying, but actually getting more. Flame on.

Well, I've never had as little as 8 days a bid off. I usually get 11 and occasionally get 12, when I'm lucky.

I agree... I don't want to bring the industry down, but I also hold Mesa to our contract. That's the best I can do in the position I am in.

Interestingly enough, I've been at Mesa for a year now and have held a pretty good line outta IAD for all but 2 months of my time there. I've been junior assigned once out of that entire year and I welcomed the extra flight time and pay. I live in PHX and really don't have a problem commuting back and forth. I've heard the negativity about Mesa many times from many people before I started and was a little afraid, but the truth of the matter is that people are leaving so quickly (or did leave quickly over the past year), that I moved up quickly enough to not really get jacked with.

IMHO, I personally feel that Mesa is positioning themselves to come out on top of the regional dogpilot in these tough times. If Mesa files BK, my thought is that they will use their protection to restructure the company away from the 50 seat business and focus more on what the majors need... 70 - 90 seat carriers. Again, this is nothing more than my personal observations and opinions

I received my WARN notice a few months ago and was a bit concerned, but I still have a job and am still getting a reasonable paycheck and still building that valuable jet time. My QOL and pay isn't much different than a buddy who started with Xjets the same time I started Mesa... and he's going to be on the street in another 2 months.

It's not the best place to work, but so far it's doesnt appear any worse than any of the other regionals, except perhaps Skywest.

So, if you chose to apply at Mesa, take all of the advice you hear on these forums with a grain of salt. The other option these days is to not be working at all!

Dude you're the reason why Mesa is such a ###### operation that will never get anywhere. The type that takes it and asks for more. The only reason why you have any kind of life is because of seniorty and that is becausee 800 pilots left last year. I wouldn't consider that such a great place.... If they do go bankrupt and best case scenerio they keep their 70+ seaters, that will mean more than half the fleet will be gone, good luck with that.

Dude you're the reason why Mesa is such a ###### operation that will never get anywhere. The type that takes it and asks for more. The only reason why you have any kind of life is because of seniorty and that is becausee 800 pilots left last year. I wouldn't consider that such a great place....

So, is that why Xjets will be furloughing? I've had the same or more days off than my buddy and our paychecks are just about the same for the same amt of flying.

Its 'dudes' like you that want a filet mignon on a silver platter. I haven't been screwed with since I started and seem to have the same kinda job that everyone else in the regional industry has. Tell me how its guys like me that make Mesa the place it is. I guess I'd make Skywest or Comair the place they are too by working there? Fact of the matter is, I had a choice.. I already had my ATP when i went to Mesa. I could have went to Skywest or any of the other regionals when I got hired. I went to Mesa for one big reason: to get based in Phx when my number could hold it. Since I've been in DC for a year, I like it and have moved there... so instead of sitting reserve in Phx, I'll just keep holding my line in IAD and interview when and where I can within the industry to get that 'bigger, better job'. Don't be a hater... do something about it if you dont like the work rules. I know I've offered my time to the union... have you?

So, is that why Xjets will be furloughing? I've had the same or more days off than my buddy and our paychecks are just about the same for the same amt of flying.

Its 'dudes' like you that want a filet mignon on a silver platter. I haven't been screwed with since I started and seem to have the same kinda job that everyone else in the regional industry has. Tell me how its guys like me that make Mesa the place it is. I guess I'd make Skywest or Comair the place they are too by working there? Fact of the matter is, I had a choice.. I already had my ATP when i went to Mesa. I could have went to Skywest or any of the other regionals when I got hired. I went to Mesa for one big reason: to get based in Phx when my number could hold it. Since I've been in DC for a year, I like it and have moved there... so instead of sitting reserve in Phx, I'll just keep holding my line in IAD and interview when and where I can within the industry to get that 'bigger, better job'. Don't be a hater... do something about it if you dont like the work rules. I know I've offered my time to the union... have you?

BS, it's a known fact that Mesa pilots work harder for the same amount money. 13 bid periods and you significantly earn less then other RJ drivers. Sometimes up to 20K. Worst part is there are many of you guys that brag that Mesa is such a cheap airline to operate.

I got the email today as well. It doesn't list mins but the mins listed on airlineapps.com were recently 500/50 and today I notice are down to 400/50. I am unemployed and have been searching for ANY flying job so I am considering attending.

I have heard that these open houses are just totally packed and it is extremely hard to get enough face time to make an impact - leaving your creds and times to be the deciding factor. I have 670tt but only 11ME, no cfi, no turbine. Since there are so many bros & sis's furloughed from regionals right now I am considering it a big gamble to use what little cash I have left to travel there & back only to be eclipsed by a huge crowd with thousands of turbine hours. I have to think that their gameplan is to have a mass of pilots pay their own way to the show so Mesa can have their pick of the litter without any real overhead. Why would Mesa hire me over a recently furloughed RJ pilot. Any opinions on this?

I got the email today as well. It doesn't list mins but the mins listed on airlineapps.com were recently 500/50 and today I notice are down to 400/50. I am unemployed and have been searching for ANY flying job so I am considering attending.

I have heard that these open houses are just totally packed and it is extremely hard to get enough face time to make an impact - leaving your creds and times to be the deciding factor. I have 670tt but only 11ME, no cfi, no turbine. Since there are so many bros & sis's furloughed from regionals right now I am considering it a big gamble to use what little cash I have left to travel there & back only to be eclipsed by a huge crowd with thousands of turbine hours. I have to think that their gameplan is to have a mass of pilots pay their own way to the show so Mesa can have their pick of the litter without any real overhead. Why would Mesa hire me over a recently furloughed RJ pilot. Any opinions on this?

Oh yeah... Go for it. You can pay your bills with "turbine" time. That stuff is as good as gold.

I am glad some people likes mesa. but everybody I ever talked to 'USe TO' fly for mesa and never had anything good to say about the company.

Some day you will want to move on to a job that treats you like the highly trained professional you are. Then the next class of starry eyed kids will chop you down for less money and smile about it.

fly8slep loves GoJets and hates Mesa?

I wonder if fly8slep realizes the reason we have below-average compensation is it was something we gave up in negotiation to get a scope clause that would prevent anything like what GoJets was and IS intended for.

TSA doesn't have this kind of scope clause hence this is why TSA is furloughing while GoJets is hiring. Will you accept an offer for a GJ CRJ class when/if you get furloughed from TSA?

I know you already know this, but 8 days off a month is a big difference between MESA and alot of regional carriers. You are working an additional 3 days a month for the same money as everyone else.

It sounds like you enjoy it, so good for you. But I'd rather be unemployed than help bring the industry down by accepting substandard work rules that MESA offers. Maybe if people stop going to places like MESA other good carriers like XJT wouldn't be losing flying, but actually getting more. Flame on.

To add fuel to the fire, at my regional airline we get 14 to 17 day off lines AND get paid a lot more than Mesa to fly an old 37 pax turboprop. :D

8 days off and 15 days off, a commuter clause, no stand-up overnights, higher pay, etc, is a big difference in QOL!

Back