Mesa Open House

Did they happen to mention if they are planning any classes in September?

No they just said that their July classes were full, and that I could have the August class date if I wanted it. I would imagine they will have September classes though if they are still hiring.

Sound like business still running ok in Mesa.
Any follow up news about that partnership deal with China?

If not knowing if you will have a job next week seems like business is running great then by all means it's running ok. MESA is one court ruling away from being bankrupt or totally gone.

I make $30,000 a year flying a 35 year old Piper Seneca for Ram Air, hauling bank checks. I would have to take a $10,000 a year paycut to go fly a 50 or 70 pax RJ for Mesa. It would be very hard for me to lose 1/3 of my annual pay.

Turbine time is a wonderful thing, but I can't pay bills with it.

Dude, I would totally stick with that freight gig. I'm unemployed and I just want to fly for a living. I don't care if its a shiny jet or a piston with heavily oxidized paint - I would prefer 2 engines but if I can make it though to October I would be totally happy going back to my aerial mapping gig.

Is RAM hiring any VFR135 pilots? I've applied in the past but never heard anything.

Dude, I would totally stick with that freight gig. I'm unemployed and I just want to fly for a living. I don't care if its a shiny jet or a piston with heavily oxidized paint - I would prefer 2 engines but if I can make it though to October I would be totally happy going back to my aerial mapping gig.

Is RAM hiring any VFR135 pilots? I've applied in the past but never heard anything.

Right now we are not hiring any pilots, VFR or IFR. Yesterday I saw a guy with over 4,400 hours TT and two jet type ratings drop off a resume. He was told that his resume would be kept on file, but there just aren't any openings right now. 6 months ago we couldn't keep any pilots at Ram Air, and now nobody is leaving. It is amazing how quickly things have changed.

Yes 8 day's off, 13 bid periods, worst pay, no block or better, no commuter clause(don't need it with 8 days off), reserve IAD, ORD. Yes it's going to pay handsomely. Unless you're just about broke thinking of sleeping in the streets I wouldn't go there, it should be your last option. Why do you think they're having these open houses.

Handsomely in that while the rest of the industry is furloughing you would be flying. Instead of delivering pizzas, you would have a flight job, handsomely. Yes they do suck, but there are worse places to work.

Ya know.. with all the crap flung around about mesa, I cannot WAIT to experience another airline and find out just how good other places are to work. If Mesa is THIS bad and I actually enjoy it, I am not even sure what I'll do with all the additional time and money I have at another place! :sarcasm:

No debate, just ask yourselves.........WWGQD?

midnight-q-quagmire.jpg

I'm interviewing with Mesa on the 30th in PHX. To everyone that has any opinion (good or bad) regarding Mesa, I am going to show up and see what they have to offer. If they offer me employment, it is my choice to accept it or not.

Hey guys,
I usually don't post a lot but thought I'd ad my 2cents.

I'm a new hire with Mesa and I had the same fears as everyone else. The majority of people I talked to told me to stay away. I took a 60% pay cut to come here. I chose Mesa because I wanted to be based in PHX and didn't want to commute. So heres my story:

I as given the option of the Dash, CRJ or ERJ. I chose the Dash.Training was great. I was impressed with ground school. I completed my Sim training, had 3 weeks off paid. Completed IOE and put on reserve for 3 weeks. Didn't get called for 10 days!!! Now I hold a line in PHX. I've only been with the company for a few months.

The pay isn't the greatest nor the benefits but its a job. I have enough time to upgrade to captain. I'll put in my bid for that after January to get some quality 121 experience with winter ops.

All things being equal I would have chose Skywest or Republic. However, I bought a house in PHX 2 years ago and have a baby daughter. My wife and I love PHX and have family here. All regionals have crappy pay. I knew what I was getting myself into so Mesa made the best sense for me.

Good luck to all who interview. If you want a better QOL chose the Dash. Either way its a stepping stone. Get your time and move on. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Anyone go to the Mesa hiring events? Just wondering if anyone(who actually attended) had any impressions, got any offers?

Well, heard it just this evening. 60 new hires that were sitting in a ground school class got furlough letters today. Sounds like it'll be at least a 10 month furlough.

This is gonna be a really rough time for the industry.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this furlough is a negitiating tactic on the part of the devil himself, OJ. These pilots haven't completed ground school yet ... why not just fire them? There is no reason, from a company standpoint, to keep them around? Well, other than negotiations, and the fact that they'll try to hold them all to the training contract if they get hired elsewhere. OJ WILL try that.

As much as I hate my former employer, I feel bad for everyone who's about to become unemployed. Things will work out in the long run.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this furlough is a negitiating tactic on the part of the devil himself, OJ. These pilots haven't completed ground school yet ... why not just fire them? There is no reason, from a company standpoint, to keep them around? Well, other than negotiations, and the fact that they'll try to hold them all to the training contract if they get hired elsewhere. OJ WILL try that.

As much as I hate my former employer, I feel bad for everyone who's about to become unemployed. Things will work out in the long run.
The training contract doesn't come into force until you pass your PC.

Back