Marijuana-loaded jet seized while trying to refuel in Louisiana

Weighing bags was pretty normal when I was flying the beechjet. It's not abnormal for folks to show up with a tone if luggage when flying light jets. Lot's of amateur/cheap customers charter private jets and bring everything, but the kitchen sink (sometimes they brought that also!) with them.
Weighing 25 duffle bags for 1 pax?

I got the "low down" about this today from different people who saw it happen.

The Lear Jet landed at Chino and took on fuel to the left of the local controller, about the controllers 10:00 o'clock - 500', where it's very visible.

After taking on fuel a van pulled up and started unloading duffle bags on the ramp, weighing each bag on a scale before putting them in the Lear. Maybe someone was math challenged because this went on for a long time. Not surprisingly, several people on the airport starting watching the bags being weighed.

After several minutes of watching this activity the tower supervisor is on the phone giving a minute by minute to the FBI.

This is the funny part, after the duffle bags were weighed some had to go back in the van.

You can't make this stuff up!

No mas. No mas!

But gringo, there’s plenty of room.

It’s not about room, it’s about weight.

Edit:
No, but I know you're referencing, the only work I ever did for them was when I was working as a mobile service tech for a large 731 shop. The company I worked for with the 36 that would do those medflights was at the extreme north end of KVNY next to the blast fence. They've been out business for over a decade at this point.

The Lear 75 (also 40/45/70) is mucho nice. We usually cruise in the low 40’s at 0.78M, but it runs 0.80M up there easily as well (wind noise creeps up some), and range stays acceptable. At max take-off weight we can go to at least FL430 straight away (maybe 20 minutes to get there), higher if temps cooperate. Sad to see them discontinuing the line as it’s still a solid performer. We picked up a brand new one from the factory this week, and we will be taking the very last one that comes off the line early next year as well. :(

I want to come fly for you. I'm an old, and I'll work really cheap. I have good stories and people laugh when I'm around.

The Lear 75 (also 40/45/70) is mucho nice. We usually cruise in the low 40’s at 0.78M, but it runs 0.80M up there easily as well (wind noise creeps up some), and range stays acceptable. At max take-off weight we can go to at least FL430 straight away (maybe 20 minutes to get there), higher if temps cooperate. Sad to see them discontinuing the line as it’s still a solid performer. We picked up a brand new one from the factory this week, and we will be taking the very last one that comes off the line early next year as well. :(
Can’t wait. I will miss my little Pilatipus tho.

I want to come fly for you. I'm an old, and I'll work really cheap. I have good stories and people laugh when I'm around.
Please NEVER say, "I'll work really cheap" ever again. At least not on a pilot board. Save that self- and group-destructive behavior for fast food and Amazon, eh?

Please NEVER say, "I'll work really cheap" ever again. At least not on a pilot board. Save that self- and group-destructive behavior for fast food and Amazon, eh?

No. I'm going to JetU/GoJets/Gulfstream all of you people into poverty by flying for @SteveC for cheap just to fulfill my dreams of flying for cheap. And there's nothing you can do about it. I don't care if Velocipede doesn't let me on his jumpseat - @Derg will so who cares.

Back